Metal in oil

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pucksdown, Sep 5, 2009.

1. electricalien

electricalien Well-Known Member

that's why they call him MR. Sunshine...lol But he's right.. could be the clutch.. We use them alot on breaking speeds with the down shifting.. worth checking out..

2. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

YO!........ Sounds like?

"I am not hard on my pee ness, Really!" Hi am not on a foul lick symbol, flogging my... You know what, with your piss so logical social science UP year ass is you must be high!

"No WAY!" You mean, there are two things cum'inn out my body I have to worry about with 2 thousand strokes out of 7? Piss on that!

OK, piss on thousands of turns of the oil pump, sucking up tiny crushed, burnt fiber material or aluminum/copper material = Does not Matter. Eat it, you act the racer/wanna/bee/sting you right back you flog the package behind closedoor #2 on the YoYo fiber.

Warp discs = Rider Error
    Burnt clutch = Rider Error
    Blame others = Rider will point finger on the denial is the, "YoYo Factor."

Oh, year gonna learn the hard way is PAY thinking you have that basket licked. Or whatever is letting loose internally... Inspect that oil pump for contamination. You see bits in the blades... Clear a bench. :Poke:

$Remember the steel/fiber position on removal. The trick is in the plate facing all in the correct direction, or you may repeat a burned clutch pack sooner, if you assemble the pack incorrectly. :tut:

:crackup: Welcome to the big time. Wanna run like a big dog, go pee on the newspaper do not cry over spilled milk stay on the porch.

You have a good pair of eyes. :wow: I know you will be keen to inspect things real close. Learning Curve My Eyes to the Problem 101. Start pulling off covers. You're screwed either way.

:up: Good Luck on the discovery.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Sorry for giving you something else.

I just like to have a definative answer as to where or what something came from.

So I don't buy you'd get carbon like that built up so its had to be from a part. If it really is carbon that was built up like that then you need to change your oil much more often. :)

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Clutch material wouldn't be metal shavings though....would it?

5. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

For a clutch a to burn a, and then decompose off the [fiber] plate carrier, I would assume the tolerance of one thickness of both sides of a friction plate, could not hold the rest of the pack under red line, let alone drive out of a corner at WOT power with a charcoal cinder as something to grab and hold?

The fluke would be, he just caught it and never did feel a slip under load. Clutch burn is from a dead stop like drag racing. Rolling starts are better odds you [don't] burn one plate and your race is done at the 500 foot mark.

Year gonna miss those rolling starts... Can't ride either way is why show up on the grid?

"Getear Done!"

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

It was already stated that it WASN'T metal shavings.

7. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Go look at that YoYo pressure plate on another thread. You'll see 4 burned areas. Not much material coming off the steel side when the baking is happening on the fiber side.

Brake Fast of Champions is chew my c/pack of wee tease. Beats me, why you leave the clutch lever in at a light. Beats me, why you use the full range of the lever to shift. Beats me I have yet to lose a pack, street/race/abuse.

Squids riding BMW's would tell me the bikes burn the clutch up in about 30K. I set my clutch lever with zero play and never made an adjustment until I checked once at 36K. It did not need the adj, it was a waste of time. I'd drive that clutch lever out, the bike would carry the front wheel of that GShitbox.

Clutch/Oil Lessons 101: Oil Inspect for any fiber/any metals. I never heard of a bike/car blowing up, I had too much carbon flakes floating in my crankcase, it dis inn tear grade did the internals to powder > :crackup:

8. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

How about rubber bits from the cam chain guide/tensioner rail/s?

9. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Tensioner material is rubber. Never heard a tensioner crush to dust. Maybe go off in chunks of other rubber baby buggy bump her crack. Especially a bike with low mileage, no tensioner chain complaint... Data dat is it getting dark in ear?
    -----------------------------------------

Gray Mad Ear enters, says: "... crushed to dust." How would you read that? Pizza ready yet? I can't believe it's, Dee-Chore-Know?..... That's what I'm saying. I don't know?

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

That one is good. If so...something to worry about?

11. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

It's probably carbon buildup from the underside of the piston crowns. That's about the only place inside a crankcase that should have that much carbon, and I've seen some that looked pretty granular. Check your plugs, make certain you're not in process of melting down one of the cylinders; if OK, I'd be inclined to forget about it.

12. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Thanks I will check the plugs.