1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Feb 6, 2003.

1. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

total scam rick....heard about this kinda stuff on the news......f

2. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

SCAM!!!!

This has been going on a while now. What he will do is ask for the western union # and will most likely have you send it to yourself at some fake overseas address. All he has to do to get the money is to know the union # or show something.. and it could be anything with the fake address on it to get the money. This way he gets the money.. and the only name on the Western Union account is ... Well... yours. Remember, If it sounds too good to be true.. It usally is. Plus, Would you trust somebody you dont know to forward you any amount of money??? :rolleyes:

3. SCAM=Is he from Nigeria? He'll send you a check, and want $ back. The check looks real, the business is real but it will bounce. He'll want the rest of the $ sent back Western Union. My buddy was selling his 01 F4i track bike (Plug-still for sale by the way) and he wanted $5500 for it. This guy (or similar-his name was Anthony) sent him $12K and wanted the balance back. Needless to say the check was not good. I told my buddy he's an idiot because wiring that much $ out of the country has to be somewhat illegal??? E-mail me if you want further details.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  4. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

Yankee? Yankee?!? I don't think so. I'm Florida native through and through.

I've been worried about you guys. I know it's been a very tough week over there. When I first heard the news I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. I hope they give NASA the funding they need to continue the space program as safely as possible. Hang in there!

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

This clown should know that anyone who rides a Yamaha would be WAAAYYYY too smart to fall for such a scam.

:mad:

Call the FBI!!

6. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I say do it! Tell him, you'll be glad to ship the pipe and the money once the Cashier's Check has been authenticated and cleared by the issuing bank.

Calling the cops would be a waste as he hasn't yet comitted fraud.