1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come? Motard vs. Sportbike?

Discussion in 'General' started by Windshield, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

How come motarder's don't ride like normal people? LOL
    Why don't motarders lean and drag knees like in TOTR?
    Why can't my sportbike be thrown around like a motard?

I'm only asking because of the amount of times me and my R6 get passed on the outside at Deal's Gap. I'm no slouch and have been there more than a few times, but geez, they have no problems with grip and I just can't seem to get my lil 6 with it.

I'm not looking to change and ride incorrectly (catastrophic results i'm sure), but do wonder why the lean angle and grip levels of motarding exist. I would think the speed and angle would just not hold. But it does.

I'm guessing the weight of the motard and the style of riding allows it. Duh, did I just answer my own Q?

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

yep

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

damn you!

:Pop: :Pop:

5. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is... you're slower than a 'tard?

:D

6. Windshield

Ohhh, damn, set myself up for that one huh? Rats!

7. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

If you crash a 'tard, you pick it up and keep riding. If you crash an R6, it becomes a paperweight.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you crash on the street you're likely to die anyway so it doesn't matter so much what the bike is like.

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Especially on the gap

10. Windshield

Agreed, my sub-tard speed navigation of the "Gap" has ensured my ability to return multiple times. Thus avoiding the crash/street/die activity. It's not very forgiving and I'm doing my best to enjoy it.

I'm sure my motard huntdown abilities would be way more usefull at a track.

11. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

+1

Who passes "on the outside" at Deal's Gap?!

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Is Deals Gap a new track? Where is it? :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very old track, none of the sanctioning bodies will run races there tho, too dangerous.

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I would love to hear Mladin comments on rider safety there. :crackup:

15. Windshield

Its actually a really cool track. Been around for quite sometime. I think
    'Indians" or maby even Harleys used to race around there. Some goon decided to deface the place by painting double yellow lines all over the place. Thats when the passing on the outside started occuring. Crazy wankers!

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Deal's Gap TT?

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

about a week ago, guy is passing the other way in traffic on an old magna or something, wife beater, no helmet shorts, i'm waiting to make a left he waves at me, i lift two fingers like a half wave, i hear tire screech than a scraping noise, i look back and he is tumbling down the street, he didnt notice the traffic backing up from the left turning lane on his side into the left lane and i guess panic breaked and locked it up, he didnt get hurt, i felt bad for the guy, but A: he should have been paying attention, not looking at me or my bike B: should have dressed a little better for the "what if". i commute to work on my bike, its 4 miles but i still have to watch out and pay extra attention for all the 4 wheel crazies

18. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

It's all due to the fact that guys on R6s are just slow.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

...and they handle like poo. :p

20. Russell2566

Russell2566 Chicken Strips are Yummy

Not all of us ride like a motocross rider...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]