2010 Schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We lived in sin too. In actuality, it was a good idea living with each other beforehand. We got through all work of getting sorted and squared away before the big day. After the rings were on, it was an easy transition. Plus we knew we could still stand each other after moving in together.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Living in sin is good. I suggest 3 years prior to doing the marriage paperwork.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Easier to get rid of them if you are just living together. :D

4. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

This is a very rare occurance

Normally a wedding only screws up one budding racing career, but you guys are going for two. :crackup:

Seriously, good luck with it all.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

November and December are wide open. :D

6. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by John29
    I recommend the White Bells Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas

I second the Vegas wedding. Ours was the drive through version and was perfect. Then you can have the party for gift... er, I mean, family in the fall.

7. slidewaysmike

slidewaysmike Slow Roller

+1

Vegas FTW!

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Five years in, a new toaster showed up, from my mother. I asked her why she sent it and she said, "Well, we guess it might last after all, so we sent your wedding present..."

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

So I'm going to have to be the one to say it? Seriously?!?!

DON'T GET MARRIED!!!

carry on :D

10. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I got married there too. Only I married a stripper after a rough night drinking. Turns out it's a lot harder to get divorced in Vegas than it is to get married. True story.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

In the book of Gary, Marriage = Stand up funeral.

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm still holding onto the idea that you should get married and pregnant as soon as possible. :D

13. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

LOL... wellll.. somehow i still find the time to do all the housework and cook a kickbutt dinner every night... and race.. and work full time.... and I'm not even married yet?!.... really, nothing will change but just because I DO race, doesn't mean i give up ALL my rights as a female (IE being in control of the outcome of my own wedding!! :) )

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

All that changed when I got married, was that people stopped asking me when I was gonna get married.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. She had more change than that with all the people looking at her and just asking "Why???"

16. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

yes... I'll be glad to stop having to answer that question... I assume, too, that eventually people will just stop asking?

17. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

they only ask in hopes that you will oneday say never and they will actually have a chance... lol kinda like those wanting you to miss a weekend so they can beat you

18. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

:crackup: just had to laugh

19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Just wanted to quote this for posterity. ;)

20. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

Yes, except that unless you've made it very, very clear that you don't want kids, "when are you getting married" will be replaced with "when are you popping a sprog". We still get shit from people about kids, even though I've been saying since I was 10 years old I don't want children, and my husband has a 16 year old and has no interest in another. Fortunately many of my close married friends are all child-free.

I'll second a winter wedding if you must do the traditional thing. Schedules have a way of getting messed up and I know a few racers who messed up race weekends because they planned for one thing, and then schedules changed.

I'll also second the Vegas deal. Arrived Thursday night, got married Friday, flew back and spent the weekend at the track. We didn't know each other long enough to even "live in sin" and we're planning on a party around our 5 year anniversary for everyone who didn't know we were getting married (which was everyone).

Two racers getting married is perfect by the way. You can combine some of the expenses and you don't have to explain anything.