1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generator question...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Blue Junk, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

So, I'll start by saying that I am by no means know shit about ac power...:up:

Can I purchase a Honda EU3000, and in the event it doesn't have enough power, buy another and essentially have a EU6000? Just make a cable/junction box that can take both outlets on the generators to run directly into my trailer.

Seems simple enough, but that doesn't mean it can/will work.

Thank in advance!!

2. Munch

Munch Well-Known Member

3. Blue Junk

Sweet thanks!:up:

4. Blue Junk

Just out of curiosity, is there a limit on how many you can add in parallel? Like 3 or more? I am somewhat afraid that I will run out of power, but 2 should be sufficient. Just thought I'd ask.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Technically you can add unlimited number of power sources in parallel give proper equipment.

But Honda's parallel cables only allow for two generators to be connected together at once.

6. Squirrel

Squirrel Well-Known Member

It would probably be a good idea just to update to a larger size rather than carry out 3 different Generators??? lol...Honda makes about any size you would ever need. I actually own 2 different generators....However, I only use them in certain times...Light camping trip I take the eu2000....Track days I take my 3000....But If I need to really push the power up...I go borrow my dads 6500....You probably wouldnt ever need anymore power than that!!!