1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honest question for R.E.

Discussion in 'General' started by hoghead, Aug 2, 2009.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just how long is that meeting? :confused:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You asses think he's not busy doing more important things on a race weekend than answering your questions when it's convenient for you? :Poke:

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

must......bite......tongue......

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I'm impressed RE takes the time to answer these questions, period. Hopefully he's gaining insight just as we are - in can only help towards next year's program.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Exactly, which is why I think we should appreciate any answers we get. He doesn't owe us shit.

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

But....We're the all powerful WERA forum.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say we don't dictate policy. :D

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

My two local clubs don't let you rejoin. You crash...you're done with the race and have to get reteched (gear and bike) back in the pits if you want to make the next race.

9. RogerE

RogerE Member

The post-crash ride through for tech allows our designated pit road tech guy to look for missing brake lever, missing footpegs, and obvious fluid leaks. The riders certainly have the ability to see these same things but in the red mist to compete they sometimes are prepared to continue when prudence and concern for the other guys are not at the top of their list. Thanks for the question and I hope it clarifies this issue for you. It did for me.

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Thanks for taking time to respond.

11. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I think many put the tech check in a no-win situation. If the bike is stopped and gone over with a fine-tooth comb, they would be blasted for ruining the racers attempt to get back in and make up some places for their race. If they give it a quick once-over for the major stuff, as noted, then its not thorough enough.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I give roger a wrath of sh@t, almost daily. I doubt we're going to sit down, drink kool aid together but I do appreciate his coming here and answering questions. You can't question the size of his balls, he does try and interact with the BBS jackyls.

Enough with the lovefest. :D

14. hoghead

hoghead Well-Known Member

I guess I was just looking for a bit more thorough inspection. Maybe the inspector touching the levers and bars

Thank you.

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Ok, you do that as the tech inspector and then come here to faith the wrath of the BBS critisizing you for costing him points paying positions so the Buell can win the championship because the rider will obviously know if he didn't have brakes.

16. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

if they haven't fallen off by the time the rider gets back to the pitlane for his re-tech, i'd say they're likely ok. :D

17. hoghead

hoghead Well-Known Member

I understand your point and I do not envy DMG. However I don't think it would make much of a difference time wise for the inspector to touch both levers and clipons.

I am not complaining about the rule. I just was expecting to see something a bit more is all.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

When it's something you do on a regular basis it's easy to check at a glance.

The brakes and clutch are obviously working well enough because he was able to slow up enough to take that pat on the butt. Basically, brakes are needed to get back to pit road. Make a quick glance in the belly pan to see if there's liquid in it. If you don't see smoke/steam coming from anywhere then most likely things are okay. :up:

None of that really even requires the bike to come to a complete stop. Coming to a stop looks a lot better and safer.

19. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Like I just stepped in dog poop.