1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

... and you want them to control healthcare???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Jul 30, 2009.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/30/cash-for-clunkers-to-be-s_n_248304.html

They cant even get a simple program like Cash for Clunkers right, and some want to give them control of healthcare?? :down:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Sure new programs are always perfect out of the gate.

All new race bikes are perfect their first race weekend.

The Military only hits what they aim at every single time

3. thrak410

... and you're just willing to give them the opportunity to screw up your LIFE.

Sounds great to me.

4. H8R

Yeah cuz the last 8 years of control by the other guys made my life perfect.

5. thrak410

You're still alive arent you?

Besides, this isnt about the past 8 years, or 12 years or 30 years, its about NOW and what they are trying to do to the country.

A Democrat today said he's going to introduce an amendment to the constitution that makes healthcare a RIGHT... w.t.f.

6. extrabill

extrabill Guest

They got it so right they already spent the money available to fund it.

"This is simply the most stimulative $1 billion the federal government has spent during the entire economic downturn," Miller said Thursday. "The federal government must come up with more money, immediately, to keep this program going."

7. H8R

I don't believe I am any safer because of the last 8 years and their dumbfuck decisions....in fact I believe they made it significantly more Unsafe. After Clinton was elected the USS Cole (AFAIR) was attacked...so using your logic Clinton made it safer because we had no major attacks after that.

"They" as you call them are doing what the people...like me...who elected them to do....the Majority.

8. H8R

So there is zero upside to this? Thats what you believe?

9. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

how would reform of the insurance system be screwing up my life,because that is what we really have in this country. it is an insurance system that chooses who can and can't participate and what they will be charged if they are lucky enough to be allowed to fork over their hard earned cash only to be told that's not covered or we won't authorize that even though it is listed as a benefit. i buy my own healthcare and have luckily never had to use it but every year my premium is increased. last year it went up forty percent. this is the real issue here not "oh the big bad gov't is gonna screw up my life."

10. 969

969 Well-Known Member

are they gonna cover you if your racing?

11. extrabill

extrabill Guest

I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it was a great program.

12. thrak410

I didnt say anything about safer, I said you're ALIVE. ie - you've been able to make your own decisions about yourself and your body, and go to the Dr. when you want to and get proper care...

13. thrak410

Sorry you're wrong. The real issue is how much control do you want the .gov to have over your everyday life? Taking over healthcare is just another step to total .gov control of everything you are allowed to do...

14. thrak410

You could look at it that way... OR

If a measly $1 billion and only 22,000 cars caused a major backlog in, what, like a week (?), imagine how well they'll do when its trillions and trillions of dollars and millions and millions of people....

ps - sorry for the multiple posts, if a mod could merge that would be awesome! Thx.

15. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

:Pop::Pop:

16. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

What I like is that we continue to reward people who make poor life decisions with my/our money!

I love the idea of supporting some slacker who does nothing to contribute but sits on his/her couch, picks his/her nose, smokes dope and then bitches about how they can't get healthcare.
    Great idea!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You buy your own health insurance.

Health care and health insurance are different phrases for a reason...

18. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Very true.

Socialized insurance???

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Apparently the Government didn't anticipate the demand for free money by the great unwashed masses. Rule one is, if you offer free money, stay out of the way of the swinging front door. That billion bucks that was supposed to last until November has been blown away in one week. :beer:

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I thought the speed in which the program capped was an indication of its unexpected success. It also indicates that people taking advantage of the program approve. I view this glass half full.