1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Help

Discussion in 'General' started by K98TOOM, Jul 14, 2009.

1. I'm sorry...does that offend you?

TDB:D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

the "fix" also breaks visual voice-mail, caller ID and a few other things. Trust me, I've been learning "a lot" about this phone. Remember, I'm a UNIX nerd and love to "mess" with this kind of stuff ;)

And it is an AT&T issue, not an iPhone one.

3. New feature for you guys huh.:rolleyes::D

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Wierd my phone had all that 4 years ago.

5. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

yeah - what the hell is that all about? cannoli - so I have to have my outlook local - i.e. running form my desktop? I'm trying to sync up my work outlook account which I access remotely "mail.blahblah.com" do I need to get this BES or download outlook or..... ahhh!!!
    - you going to NJMP thursday?

6. He's baking a cake right now!

No you don't need Outlook running on your desktop. There is a program called Device Mgr. that you install...when you want to backup or sync your outlook contacts with your phone you use this. It is used for other things as well. If you'll create your account and log in to BIS like Cannoli said you can plug in the info for your incoming/outgoing server. Once you do it adding another account if you have one is a breeze. If all else fails dude...call the providers service. Verizon's people are okay for setting things up...it's everything else...:D Or subscribe to forums.crackberry.com It's the WERA BBS for BB.:D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have seriously never once needed MMS or used it on any phone that had it enabled so for me that's a moot point.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How dumb is your neighbor if they can't figure out an iPhone?

Yes, I can set up an email account directly on the phone quicker than I can by plugging it into a computer, setting things up on the computer, then transferring it back to the BB.

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

That's awesome. I'm upgrading to that one next month!:up:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are some marketing mofo's for sure, more hard drive and some enabled features - $300 please! :D

11. hmm yeah you don't have to hook the BB up to your computer to transfer it back. It's done...once you set it up online it sends the info directly to your phone. You can do it through the phone but typing, waiting for a few pages to load takes a bit more time.
    Neighbors complaints are with the lack of items such as MMS, copy & paste...the typical stuff people with iphones complain about. If a person is getting these types of phones for the 1st time...setting them up can be a chore. For those that are seasoned its as easy as sending a text message.

12. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I know this is off topic but...

I have the Blackberry 8330 curve, and i have sprint, sometimes when i am watching videos on youtube for example, it will pop up an error message and say "The media being played is of an unsupported format." and then in the upper corner it will say Error Playing in red and will not play the video. I have even had a video play, then i try to play it later and it will show the error message. Is this because i am inside and am not getting a good signal or is it because of that specific video?

Also anyone know how to get OTT videos to work on it?

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

It's the video format of the video being streamed. There is an ass ton of info on this at forums.crackberry.com Just search and you'll find it :up:

14. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

sweet, thanks.

15. jtc89

jtc89 Member

BB and outlook

You can sync without connecting your BB to your computer also. Use Google sync to sync your Outlook Calendar and contacts with Google Gmail account. It will push the contacts/calendar changes both ways automatically, Go to Google and follow the instructions, it takes about 20 minutes to set it all up.

TC