1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey DMG, a favor when you have time.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Roger and crew, can you please buy two more microphones for your press conferences? I know going down to Guitar Center and spending $49 might be a hassle but having the riders share one mic is just amatuer. Better yet, fix up that POS press conference set you have, add some desk top mics and find a way to mic the people asking the questions, I've seen better conference set ups on public access.

Worse comes to worse and you can't afford two more mics I have a rap master 2000 I bought off an infomercial while drunk I can donate.

Your friend,

Dave K

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Uber K has spoken! :D

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Why not have Buell pay for it....they owe the DMG a lot already.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

+++++1000 I've noticed the same thing!

5. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I will pay Sam K literally tens of dollars if she can provide video of you using said mic.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Are sock puppets out of the question?

Lambchop says it was a tough race, his crew did a great job, the tires were great, and Lambchop hopes to keep the momentum for the next round. What's that Lambchop!? You think it's wrong that backmarker's F'up the show!? You're not alone Lambchop.

[​IMG]

Now Fozzy Bear, you must be thrilled to finish second.....

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Werd, I don't think that Hacking will share his mic with Disalvo anymore.

"They can hear you son, you have the microphone"

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

[email protected] :clap:

9. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Just curious, I was interested in buying a Buell, is it not a good bike? Is it a cheater bike? Seems Martin is still leading without finishing all the races. I don't pay that much attention. Does the Aprilia race in this class? If so, does it have more cc than 600? Why is no one complaining if my assumptions are true? Is it because they don't do good? If the Aprilia was good and the Buell was a back marker, would people be crying foul about the Aprilia? Just curious.

10. RogerE

RogerE Member

The set-up in the media rooms and post race interviews to date have all been provided by the event promoters. We are working on a program for future events that will include interviews during each day of the event at a convenient location open to the public, including spectator questioning. Riders, team owners, crew chiefs, AMA Pro Officials and Executives, sponsors, and industry notables will be among those interviewed.

Once we have all the audio gear in place, we can consider holding the post event interviews at the same location or at the very minimum, using our new equipment to supplement that provided by the track.

11. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Who will be the first idiot to insult the man? Thanks for posting Roger.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll insult you if you like.

As for the interviews, there's a reason FIM does em one at a time, they only have one mic too.

13. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

I guess you miss read my meaning.

14. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Mongo. Go ahead and insult me. I would like it. Everytime that Roger guy posts, someone chimes in with some really silly crap, instead of using the opportunity to ask him a great question. If I was him I wouldn't waste my time, but he tries to play nice.

So, reach into your bag of tricks and insult me. Bet you can't.

15. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Well-Known Member

I know some guys that do a pretty damn good job with those press conferences; given the equipment that they have to work with.
    :D

Imagine what they could do with a couple more mics, some good house sound, a little additional lighting.............
    :D

Cheers,
    D

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And that would take what two, maybe three more cases of equipment at most? Pretty simple to set up a portable background and a couple lights for some even lighting. I like the single racer interview also, IMO it's more controlled, cleaner and more focused. It's also much easier to set up for light and sound.

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Seems like early in the season when they handed three microphones to three guys at Infineon they didn't like the results very much.

Personally I prefer the one-on-one post race interviews rather than the MotoGP style interviews where all three podium finishers have to sit there posing for the entire time. My guess is that the MotoGP style interviews are a concession to advertisers to give them more face time. Their decals (on the riders' leathers and helmets) remain visible for the entire post race interview.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Roger, what was posted above makes sense, both from DaveK and the OTT supporter.

Use those people who are supporting you. If OTT is willing and able to "produce" the press conference, take advantage. They're doing some incredible work, a solid ally. Perhaps some of the best work that hardcore fans (that seriously, you really don't want to lose) appreciate.

-jim

19. RogerE

RogerE Member

You are right. David does a great job. We have been so busy binding up self-inflicted wounds and try to evaluate our people and procedures, that I fear we have fallen behind in some of the lower priorities, such as functions that the track promoter is obligated to perform. In Grand-Am, over the years we have been able to add budget and personnel to help make things better. We will follow the same path. However, in the mean time we need to be smarter about using resources already at hand and David is certainly one of those. Thanks for the suggestion.

20. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

........and maybe a few bucks for all the good work ya'll have done the last couple of years. :up:pretty much saved dmg's ass this season w/ the incredible coverage of the races that they hav'nt given the public. hey roger! you know ott has saved ya'lls asses w/ their coverage this season, right?