GSXR forks questions.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mattjmartin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mattjmartin

mattjmartin Well-Known Member

I have found myself with a bent set of K5 GSXR 750 forks and a straight set of SRAD 99 GSXR 750 forks.

Question #1: What are the differences internally? Spring rate, cartridge, etc...

Question #2: Can I swap my radial mount fork bottoms from my bent radial forks onto my SRAD forks? How about the internals?

I need to get the track bike back in operation!

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Sell the 99 forks to pay for fixing the 05 forks.

3. mattjmartin

They would need a rebuilding before selling, so that is another ~ $60 put into them. It would save me time to do the bottom swap, if possible. I will also be using the softer SRAD spring I believe, if it will fit.

4. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

Are the SRAD 750 Forks "inverted" on the '99 models? If so, I would buy them if the price is right. I need some for a '00 600. I would also need some triples and..what else folks???

5. mattjmartin

The SRAD generation 750 and 1000 bikes had upside down forks. The 600 bikes had traditional. How much are you willing to pay? They need seals, wipers and oil bad, but are otherwise in good condition. They just sat a while. If you do buy them, they will have 04/05 750 springs in them. I want the springs.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just simply put that they need a rebuild in the ad. You don't have to sell them rebuilt already.

7. mattjmartin

So does anyone know whether or not the bottoms are interchangable?

8. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

Why are you over complicating yourself...

Why not just buy good forks for about 100-200 on ebay?

I bought my 08 GSXR 1000 forks for $83.00 and paid $30 on shipping....

Check forks as soon as I got them and they are perfectly straight...

You do not find those deals every day but if you look they are out there...

Luis

PS: I try swaping K-teck 20 mm internals from 2006 GSXR 1000 forks to my 2007-08 GSXR1000 froks and can not be done...