Spark Plug advice

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Jan 28, 2003.

1. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Surface gaps are the ticket if you don't mind spending the money.

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well, I just want something for my race at Tally in 1.5 weeks time.

Now then, if I wanted to replace those surface-gap babies - where would a discerning racer go to shop for them, at a reasonable price?????

3. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Hang on I will get you a price on them and post it here in a minute.

4. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I've always had good luck getting a bike with fouled plugs to start by taking the plugs out and just heating them with some very warm air. Just place it in the warm air (not the flame) of a propane torch....try to get it as hot as you can gradually. Put them back in back in while they're warm, crank and go for a ride.

5. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Don't give away any secrets.:rolleyes:

6. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

The secret would be the surface gap plugs, Don't you have them in a very trick V8 motor making close to 800+ HP hanging around the house?

7. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Sorry my parts department couldn't even find them for sale. Sorry

8. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Maybe. I'm trying to fing a chassis to shoe horn that motor into.

9. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

I can see it now RSDad screeming is that legal for club man when you pull up to tech on your gsxr350. Take it to daytona and run it in one of those Formula classes that is open. I can hear the announcer now saying Holy Shit look at that BC61 go and that thing sounds like a fuckin Nascar. Sadowski screamin He is our latest up and comer and taking credit for the shoe horning into the frame and teaching you how to back it in. All the while never going over 8000 RPM's.

What you need to do is find a Busch car to put that thing in and go show them boys how it is done on a low budget and smoke the feild.

10. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well thanks for trying all the same - If I have to I'll buy them from that web-site I posted. I'm going to try heat the fouled ones with a propane torch after cleaning with thinners. Then I'm going phone my parents and see how their dog is recovering from its accident with a bicycle - but thats another story altogether.......

11. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Try 9100! Not bad for a pushrod V8:D

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Have you tried SparkPlugs.com?

13. pharmerjeff

pharmerjeff Well-Known Member

I found this site rock auto and the plugs you are looking for are $18.10 ea. Still not cheap, but less than the other site:D

14. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Where? can't get past the car listings

15. pharmerjeff

pharmerjeff Well-Known Member

I just clicked the start button and waited for the menu to load, then clicked on part # search tab at the top of the page and entered the NGK part # you posted at the beginning of the thread

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

$16.03 + shipping from SparkPlugs.com

17. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

I replaced my stock plugs for my F4i (race bike) with some Split Fire triple platinums. Used them for a whole season for racing and they worked great not one problem. They were only about $5 each... Now my bike is bling blinging. Word to ya motha!!!

18. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Going to ring them up on the tele are you? ;)

And why was their dog riding a bicycle? :confused:

You bloody Brits are a strange breed. :p