1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone 6'5" and rides a 2008-2009 ZX10r,CBR1000rr,R1,GSXR1k?

Discussion in 'General' started by gsaltus, Jul 12, 2009.

1. gsaltus

gsaltus Well-Known Member

I am thinking about what Liter bike to get to race. Anyone out there that's tall got one of these 2008-2009 bikes? How you liking it? Hows the riding position? Any regrets? I'm 6'5" 250lbs any suggestion?

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

not sure if anyone is 6'5 but lots of these guys here are 250lbs or more:D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

R1 or GSXR for being competitive, the CBR may be more comfy, the ZX will never work right so no point.

4. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Im 6"3" and 250 and my 07 GSXR 1000 kills my knees. Just track days though.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. naya the dingo

naya the dingo Well-Known Member

Tim Bemisderfer rides an '09 ZX-10 and I believe an '08 GSXR1000. He's pretty tall, prob around 6' 5" or so. I an 6'3" and around 285 and ride an '07 1000rr that fits fine, I'd even be comfortable if it were smaller.

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

isn't Robert Jensen running a ZX-10r in some races?

7. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I am 6'5 270 and I run an 08 r1. I fit fine with the clipons and rearsets adjusted to fit me.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Y`all are some big mf`ers! I`m 250 buT only 5`6

9. gsaltus

gsaltus Well-Known Member

Great to see that there's more guys like me out racing. Your info is great keep it coming.
    I've been looking at some dyno sheets and I like how the CBR has that midrange power about 15hp above everything else. I'm thinking that should help me get the drive out the corner better. Although the Gixxer to seems to be the complete track package. I had an 2000 R6 that was comfortable but the new R6 just seems like there's now front fairing to get behind plus the tank is so wide just doesn't suit me, I'm guessing the R1 would be the same am I wrong? I like ZX*rs but that new shape is hard to look at I haven't gotten to ride it yet. I set on the new ZX10r and it seem like I was closer to handle bars than usual.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

What Mongo said is correct.
    I'm 6'4.5 & 265.

11. Raytruz

Raytruz GSXR 750

I watched Jenson running yesterday at Grattan... I don't think it matters what bike he is riding. The man is fast.

12. JoeNashville

JoeNashville Well-Known Member

I'm 6'6 245 and just gave up on the GSXR. The main issue is your inseam length. If you in the 34/35 range you can prolly ride anything. Mine is 38 and I can't get enough leg room to move around comfortably. The GSXRs and most sportbikes are getting smaller and smaller. Also most guys exaggerate their height so it's hard to get a real idea. I'm actually over 6'6" but I've found the key factor is leg length. I'm to the point I can look at a guy on a bike and tell how tall he is. LOL

There's a young guy running BSB and TT who says he is 6'5" and he's doing well on the new R1. I tried one at Road Atlanta last month and I don't see it. Be sure to try each bike with your gear on though for some reason it makes a huge difference. You may be able to mod the seat and rear sets to make it work. I'm considering trying to get a custom sub frame for the GSXR to get it more comfortable, but that's such a PITA! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  13. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Damn!! with all these huge guys WERA should start up a basketbal team!! I'm only 6'1 so I'll play the point :D

14. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

6'3", 225 and my streetbike is a 1000rr. Very comfy and no issues, not like on my F3 where people think I'm riding a mini.

15. MRARacer

MRARacer Well-Known Member

Im 6'6" and 245. I ride a 06 GSX-R 1000 and have no issues. I would say it comes down one thing flexibility. I rode a 03 ZX6rr and made that thing look like it was a 50cc but i never felt uncomfortable on it. Your flexibility is what will allow the bike to feel ok at least. Being an ex d1 hockey goalie flexibility was not an issue but if you find yourself cramping up just work on getting a larger range of motion out of your body.

16. ZXNick

ZXNick Well-Known Member

:stupid: I'm 6'6'' and ride a 05 zx-10R; last year was my first year on the track and I weighed a little more than 250. At a fast pace I could not get comfortable and really struggled with leg cramps and stuff by the end of a trackday (I don't race.....yet :D). I lost about 30 lbs over the winter concentrated on my core strength and flexibility. Found out something as simple as stretching every morning does wonders.

This year I am flying.....way comfortable on the bike and no cramping or soreness issues in the legs. I think most of the bikes from an ergonomics standpoint, can be made to suit your size...my advice would be to work on your flexibility.

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

wow. 38" insem?!?!?!?:eek: you're pretty well screwed! I thought I had it bad...
    I'm 6'8 w a 36" inseam... but I just ride a zx6, not a literbike. Adjustable rearsets and clipons are your friend- tweak the ergo's enough and just about anything will fit just fine. Don't forget about trying on a BMW- I've not yet thrown a leg over the new S1000RR, but traditionally, BMW's have been friendly to the long-limbed.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Skinny fucker.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only ones he doesn't have to go really fast in :D

20. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam. I found the BMW about the limit for me even. I suspect it'll be a bit cramped for someone of your height.