1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tow vehicle, to trade car in on a truck or buy cheap jeep

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I was in the same situation as you a little while ago. Luckily I was not upside down on my G35 payment. I only owed ~$12k on it and sold it for ~$17. I took the balance and put it as a down payment on a 99 Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel. Nice low payment for 3 years and have a great truck. :up:

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

you might wanna start calling the used car factory and get that 96 jeep with under 100k on order.

i havent personally seen many 13 year old vehicles with under 100k on the odo.

3. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

There's several around here (ok it has 104k on it but close enough) with people asking $4k. Look harder?

4. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Get a 96-98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 V8 ..... gets almost identical gas mileage to the 4.0 and a ton more towing capability. I had a 96 with the 5.2 and sold it at 203,000 miles..... probably 30,000 of those miles were towing up and down the east coast. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Towed a 6x12 and a 6x10 V-nose(both enclosed), utility trailer, boat .... you name it. Unless you have something bigger than a 12foot enclosed trailer, the Jeep will be more than up to the task.

5. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Got a 97 GRAND CHER.4.0It pulls an open trailer fine with 1 bike and all the gear.I would never pull an enclosed trailer with it.I have 211,000 on it and it still runs fine though.Have had 2 jeeps. They run for ever.But everything else falls apart on them fairly quick.If i had the money i would buy a truck.I only gave 900 for it so i,m happy with the terd.