1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making custom tire warmer's

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ginness72, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

hello everyone,
    I was one of the people that purchased a set of Sumomoto tire warmers.
    Any way i was wondering if there are any electronics guys on here to guide me through fixing them.
    My objective is to eliminate the digital control box, they are junk!!! I need to know where i can locate the type of electronic thermostats i can use to hard wire each one (front & rear ) with there own plugs.
    these are out of warranty so i would probably have to pay shipping and repair cost for them to fix there garbage f--ing product's .
    thank you in advance for any and all advice. :beer:

2. ginness72

nobody has anything ?

3. SLOGY

SLOGY New Member

I got a set also, and my control box only works if the ambient temp is above about 65.
    I sent several emails asking if there was a way to fix this and never got a response.

They are crap and I will by something like Chicken Hawks after the summer.

4. 750 dan

750 dan Well-Known Member

Don't try to polish a turd. Shit can them and get a used set of warmers. I got a used set of Chickenhawks for $200 and they work great.

Just my 2 cents

5. ginness72

I agree 100% , the actual warmers themselves seem to be half way decent, so i was looking to see if anybody had any good websites for controller's that i am unable to find. the box is f--ing junk!

6. ginness72

:crackup: that's so true.

7. PJMag

PJMag Member

hey Tony I got some turd polish in my garage if you need some!

8. GBAUTO

GBAUTO Well-Known Member

9. ginness72

ya i'll have to swing by and pick that shit up yo, it's hard to find good polish :up:

10. ginness72

cool thanks , I found another site that sells similar controls that are on the sumomoto's . I would rather buy the ones from johnson controls knowing that there products are alot better guilty. :beer:

11. StrongPerf

StrongPerf Member

Do you use the sensor pickup for a closed loop temp feedback to the controller? Do you run one seperate controller for each tire?

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I have a set of these and they have worked great so far had them for a year and a half now I hope mine dont take a shit how long did you have your I bought mine brand new

13. GBAUTO

GBAUTO Well-Known Member

The controllers came with the temp probes-without them the controllers won't operate. I have separate controllers for the tires so that you can set them to different temps if you want. They also have a offset function that allows you to set two different cut-off temps. I use a small toggle switch to change between full bake temp and a standby setting for long down times. I can't take credit for finding these-my brother is a home brewer and he uses these all the time for making beer.:up:

14. StrongPerf

StrongPerf Member

That's exactly what I thought you were doing. I was wondering how the probes worked. Do you just place between the warmers and the tire? I think I will go this route or try to use hight watt dimmer switches to reduce temps for long down times... Thanks for the info!