1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hix Racing - Onboard vid from AMA American Superbike - RoadAm

Discussion in 'General' started by ronhix, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Pretty cool. I found it fascinating that your speeds between 4 and 5 were almost the same as they were down the front straight. :wow:

There's only one thing wrong, though.
    Neither of the cameras showed the uber cool Hix Racing logo on your suit! :D

3. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Should have gotten one of those cams facing my butt showing the logo, right?!?! Maybe I could even dig in my crack like Rossi, if it would make me faster I'd be all over it!

Great job again on that logo, everyone has commented on how sweet it looks on the team's leathers. :beer:

4. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

Good on ya, Ron.

5. Spyderchick

Thank you, you wear it well. ;)

What data acquisition program are you using and who hooked the cams? It's a pretty sweet set up you're using.

6. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

http://www.traqmaterental.com

Jeff Little is the traqmate GPS stuff and the wide angle GoPro cams. He sets it all up and does it for me. He is the tracks all the time and he will do it for anyone, pretty cool. http://www.traqmaterental.com/Video_Session.....html

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Now that's a cool video with lots of information on it!

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I noticed that last week too, at the races and again at Road America last Thursday at the track day, that Ron does have nice leathers. (not that I am into looking at other guys in their leathers). They look very sharp, very professional. Good job Alexa!

9. Spyderchick

Thanks. That was one of the coolest things I did this year. :)

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Great vid Ron. Congrats on ur finish!

11. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Thanks!

12. Alexa - pic please of the leathers and logo?
    hate to quote "this thread is worthless w/out pix" after that awesome video

13. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

I don't really have a perfect pic of it, here's the best I got...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sweet! I like the black/white changes - the logo is cool - any significance? How was the fit - you are a stout guy so how did Alexa do? I'm not as built as you, but still fit but find the "stock" suits don't fit my 49 yr old bod too hot. I'm thinkin' I need to go see her.

15. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

The suit is custom from Spartan, so it fit pretty good when I got it. Alexa did a great job of modifying the neck area to give me a little more room there which was needed. Alexa did all the artwork on the suit as well as the logo's. :)

16. DrA5

Black and white leathers rock. Especially how Ron's are laid out.

17. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm really surprised more people don't try the Spartans. I told Dave to raise the price and I'll bet more people buy.

18. raceon2

raceon2 Timmay!!!!!!

Great Video

I am the #12 Hooters bike that was racing with you for a bit until my clutch master crapped out. Lots of fun and great video!!

You coming to Laguna??? If so, see you there!!

Tim

19. DrA5

The video also shows Crozier's clutch giving out after turn 3. Good avoidance by the riders behind him.

20. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Right on Tim, good racing with you out there. Nope, can't make Laguna, gotta stick closer to home this year. I'll be at HPT though, come up and introduce yourself! :up: