1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit bike advice...

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Jun 10, 2009.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Looking to buy a new pit bike as the $400 Chinese knock off I bought detonated last weekend at Summit...
    Who are some quality manufactures of Pit bikes other than the Honda and Yamaha 50's...
    I am not interested in a "scooter ie..ZUMA type....

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I like my Yamaha TTR 90

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

That's what I have with motard wheels!! :beer:

4. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm racing a Pitster X4. It's been a very good bike with no problems and tons of go. Let me know if your interested and I can get you a good hookup shipped to your door.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

craigslist helper! Lots of deals on there lately with busters looking to raise cash to keep the lights and cable on!

6. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

Pitster Pro

but if you have money to burn, Brown Brothers Racing

7. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I've got a 1996 Honda Z50. Its got all kinds of power for a little dirtbike. My advice is buy a Honda or Yamaha. It'll be worth the money just to have something reliable. Check craigslist. I see xr50s on there all the time pretty cheap.

8. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Dont buy one of those they are slow, or maybe its the rider.

I have a klx110. I would get something without a clutch its easier to haul tires around.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

The chinese scooters are great. I can fit a 5gal gas jug on mine on the running boards. it has room for 8 beers. A big space under the seat for whatever, its clutchless, and has some nice go. Oh, and i can get 6 people on it.

10. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Automatic clutch if you want to carry anything. TTR 90, CRF 50-70, Suzuki 110?

11. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

I have had many pit bikes and nothing is better then a little quad...no clutch

12. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

SDG 107s are cool. I bought one with a crap motor, and replaced it for like $150! Runs great, no problems. Having an auto clutch is very nice for bringing your wheels to the tire guy. +1 on the auto clutch!

13. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

We've got the 125 motors with auto clutches. Anything bigger has a clutch. I just stuck a 125 in my boys Pitster X2 and it hauls ass. Motor surprised me, more torque than my 160 just doesnt have the top end.

14. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

LT80 Quad! Haul two people (three if you're creative), tow a cart, tops out around 25-30 mph ...... only downside is they take up as much room as 2 mini motorcycles. Got mine pimped out with a headlight, horn, and blue underbody LED's :up:

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i like the zuma's, thinking about picking one up just to run around town

or an aprilia ditech 50

16. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

Loved the DRZ 110 (Kawi has the same bike in green), had enough power to fly up the hills at RA, even with a passenger & the bigger size of the bike kept my knees out of my armpits. :up:

Clutchless is the way to go for carrying tires, pit carts, etc.

17. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I went with the CRF 70, biggest one Honda made without a clutch.