v-6lw protest

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by phantom 309, Jun 1, 2009.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Don't ever call Mongo..."Mogo"...:tut:

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

You send it to me (cash) I will PM you my address... :D

3. charles

charles The Transporter

No confusion...people have 'thoughts' about this issue, and for certain, clarification is what is needed so everyone knows the deal. In the meanwhile, people have...'thoughts'...like, for example, should steel shoes be allowed in vintage racing when it rains? :D

4. racertex

racertex vintage dude

are you sure? charles just emailed me the same message, however he had an official sounding title attached to his name so i immediately assumed that it was legit.

he also told me that he was a nigerian prince and needed my help in securing quite a large fortune left in africa. i only had to give him my social security number, address, and phone number.

woo-hoo.....i'm gonna be rich!

texy

5. charles

charles The Transporter

:wow: Someone misusing my name? Everyone knows I am 'Rasta Charles, currently sorting out the dreadlocks issue! Those damn Nigerians again, something needs to be done! Send me all the same information and I will reverse the pressure on them!

6. racertex

racertex vintage dude

"I will reverse the pressure on them!"

negative pressure.......?

that just "sucks."

tex

7. charles

charles The Transporter

No, reverse pressure= positive pressure turned around...we never never use any kind of negative pressure of any sort on anyone.

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yea, I was talking about the other thread......

9. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

What were the grounds of the protest? engine size, illegal brakes, year model, etc...?

DC

10. Yamaha Fan

F-RD pistons X 2
    Illegal piston modifications (ports added to piston) 1 bike was found to have modified pistons the 1 was not.

F-RD porting X 1
    Prohibited Material added to cylinder, protest was upheld

Seca X 2
    The bike is a completely new model that is produced after the period specified as legal for the class. Reading the specification for the class the bike would appear to qualify. BUT it is not a series produced machine I.E. no such model in motor design or frame was produced during the period that defines the class. While one can apply to have a model “performance indexed” there is a prescribed procedure for doing this. Once approved it is then legal.

Radial Brakes (missed this one) X 1
    Radial brakes are post vintage technology and are not legal, unless you can demonstrate they were used in period. Again the same procedure for indexing a bike should be followed, submit your request IN WRITING to WERA, if you gain approval keep a copy with you until it is printed in the rule book.

:up:

11. LonnieC

LonnieC Member

Let me guess....the guy protesting got beat....

12. Yamaha Fan

:confused: Relevance? Care to be more specific with your inference?

If you are speaking to all the listed protest then your guess is wrong.... :up:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Relevance is because he never said a word when he was out front did he?

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ouch....:Pop:

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

serious question: when filing a protest on someone you suspect of cheating, is it better protester etiquette to file the protest before or after one gets beaten by the suspected cheater?

16. Yamaha Fan

I did ask if he was speaking of all the protests, of which "he" do you speak?

I don't know, maybe I am wrong to ask if he is speaking of all the protests ...

With respect to the V6LW protest I think the whole thing is an unfortunate event.. It is regrettable that it ever got to a protest...... :(

The on track dynamics of protesting prior to a race are not attractive for any of the parties, protesting rider, protested rider, track or the organization....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was assuming he meant the protest that is the only one in the subject line of this thread. Not sure why he'd segue to another protest.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My personal opinion - which has nothing to do with how I handle a protest or appeal - is that if you think a guy is illegal then say something ahead of time. Especially when you're running something like Vintage where it's in theory more about fun and camaraderie than chasing a lot of money.

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Well they say timing is everything... unless my aging and squinty eyes deceive me, the protest is to be filed in writing "within thirty (30) minutes after the results for their class has been posted." So it would appear that a proper protest can only be filed after the final results of the race (in which the protested bike is competing) are posted.

Perhaps there is another section of the Rulebook that gives another interpretation. Anyone see it?

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, yes, this makes sense, were you thinking 'rider to rider' conversation pointing out the problem areas re class eligibility? It would be nice to know we could conduct ourselves in this fashion, i.e., police our own ranks without getting into filing official proceedings.