1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STT Grattan Roll Call - May 30th and 31st

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by tamer, May 25, 2009.

1. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

Who's gonna be there besides me? :up:

2. j4rowell

j4rowell Well-Known Member

correct me if i'm wrong but I believe you mean role call? Roll is to tumble or become unbalanced while performing an un natural motion. Role is a position to be held, hence the phrase "Role Call"?

If your looking to find out who is going to grattan to perform tumbles i'm out. But if your talking of the trackday then T4dey and I are in.

3. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

Actually you're wrong. It's "Roll Call"

It's Honor Roll, not Honor Role.

Go look it up. It's NOT Role Call. Even google will correct you.

You for sure coming? You coming the night before also? I need to make hotel reservations...

4. j4rowell

j4rowell Well-Known Member

Well i like it my way better. Makes more sense to me. When I hear you say roll call I think of you and ted doing tumbles before the warm up lap. Real weird.

Yes, I will be there but i'm broke so i'll be sleeping on the track. JK. sign me up. Whats the word? Your truck my trailer then?

I just have to give STT a call tommorrow. I have to pay with 4 cards... 3 gift cards and a Credit Card. Yep... like i said. I'm broke. Cashin in the chips. Really hoping i run across some cash for gingerman too. Shiiittt... $100? CHEAP! Thinking about donating blood and semen. Not together of course.

5. ZXNick

ZXNick Well-Known Member

I'll be there Saturday

6. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

OHHH SNAP . :up:

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You guys can work out the spelling "B" portion of the trackday.....I should be there along with 2 others. I did the WERA race there last weekend...ccw....and NEVER really got a good grasp on that track. Now with it going the opposite direction.....I'll probably be even slower.

8. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I'll be there Friday night, riding Saturday.

9. t4dey

t4dey Well-Known Member

^ Same

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Gettin there Fri night also.......weather is supposed to be perfect.....73 and sunny. Did someone say something about a pitbike freestyle show?

11. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

In for Sunday :beer:

12. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Actually it's a Spelling Bee. Now isn't that ironic.

13. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I'm not entering the spelling bee, but I will be at the track riding both days

My better half is signed up for Intermediate on Saturday, and can no longer go due to work. If anyone wants to buy her spot it is for sale for a price less than full, but more than 0 (negotiable). If you don't want Intermediate or Saturday, I bet STT will work with the situation. PM for a slow response, or call 313.402.4566

Oliver

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Be sure to do that right in front of the house (where EJ lives)... he's really into that stuff. Really, he loves it.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I witnessed his love of crazy pit bikers 2 weeks ago. I think he was ready to hand out awards!!!

16. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Looking at the STT Site, it appears that both days will be run in the normal direction, which is clockwise. They are running it counter-clockwise for the July 5th day. Did the WERA race run counter-clockwise? I always thought that direction was considered more dangerous due to the air you can get coming out of the esses going up the hill...

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I hope the 4th of July Grattan is CW, seeing the following weekend is the WERA National ..

CCW isn't more dangerous because of the jump. If anything, you could look at T9 and T1 - but it's still safer than many other tracks.

18. tjstallion

tjstallion Well-Known Member

Online registration is closed :(
    Can we sign up on site? I'm all loaded up and ready to go!

19. mdh384

mdh384 Member

i was there both days, running in novice. it was my first time at a track other than putnam, and i had a lot of fun. i low-sided saturday afternoon, but got everything put back together in time for sunday.

we camped friday/saturday nights in the rusty old blue and silver van.

20. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

for future reference yes you can sign up the day of as long as they have openings in the group you want to run in..