Irony

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, May 21, 2009.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Yesterday, I was asked if I would like to play on the company softball team. I declined (and without really thinking about it) said, "I'm afraid of getting hurt."

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Funny... What exactly is it you're afraid of while playing softball? LOL

3. SClark

Pull a groin, twist an ankle, heart attack...
    Gawd knows, but if it causes me to miss a single race weeked, I'd be pissed!

See, ironic.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You did run that SV1000 at Nelson in the MW Solo didn't you? :D

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Smart man...Pull a hamstring hustling for first and see how hanging off the bike works...

6. I play on our church softball team. We have had a few guys pull their groins. A guy here or there on other teams. It's been good fun, I'm glad I am able to play. I didn't think I would make many games or practices due to my work schedule. We have been slow so I have made every game so far and all but 1 practice.

7. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

Makes sense to me. I got rid of the MX bike for that same reason.

8. SClark

Awwww, you noticed. How sweet!
    Hope I did hold you up anywhere. :D

9. Actually...what would be really Ironic is if you twist your ankle walking to the fridge from your recliner!:Poke::D

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It stood out on the back of your RV Saturday morning. Plus you knew the little shortcut to the track that no one else knows about. (We were in the black Jeep Grand Cherokee). :)

11. SClark

I do remember the Black JGC. Pshew! Glad you didn't see us parked at the 'Four Seasons' 10 minutes ealier. :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We all have our issues. I loved doing aerobatic maneuvers in airplanes but I could stand for an hour on a 10-foot diving board trying to find a valid reason to jump into the pool.

Steve, can you try the horizontal spread on the signature? :mad: You might be to first casualty of the second amendment to the rules. :D

Check out Bad Dog's signature block. He used to have the same problem. Fixed it nicely.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Softball is a dangerous sport. Last summer I got nailed in the left eye/temple by a relay throw to third base. It knocked me out for a few seconds, gave me a concussion, and nearly a broken orbital. The worst part was the swelling. I couldn't get my helmet on for four days afterwards. I had a serious concern that I wouldn't be able to attend my track day two weeks following.

Hell, right now I'm looking at my ankle and heel that are black and blue after being hit by a line drive.

14. SClark

What do you think I am, I computer programmer... Sheesh?!

I'll have to figure out what you're describing, but until then... NO SIGNATURE FOR ME!

15. just don't hit enter after a word and it will keep going from left to right.....like a sentence,

16. SClark

Ok, you missed the humor... I am a computer programmer, website designer, and other crap about software development that nobody cares about.

But, fixed none-the-less. Papa, please QA signature version 1.01.0001

17. :up:
    you could understand my obvious confusion; I didn't think programmers were capable of being funny.:Poke:

18. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

I crashed my motorcycle at California Speedway, two thanksgivings ago, taking a nice tumble in the cement runoff that they have and ended up with only a slightly swolen knee and never missed a day of work. Two months later I"m laid up in bed with a broken foot from a game of pick-up basketball with my coworkers. Add that to the sprained ankle exactly one year prior to my opposite foot and broken finger. Needless to say I stay away from rebounding but have increased my track days.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks, Steve.

:D

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Life is dangerous.

Let's go racing!