1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, let's put Max/Traxxion Dynamics to a vote...

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Jan 15, 2003.

?

OK, let Max and the rest of the world know...

1. Max is providing a service that I like and I support him, long live Traxxion Dynamics

88 vote(s)
    74.6%
  2. I think Max/Traxxion Dynamics is a rip off, I hope LP runs him out of business

31 vote(s)
    26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

The percentage adds up but check the total votes and then compare to the votes.;)

2. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

The PC police needs to step back

You guys are such a bunch of whiney bitches.
    You wonder why more "personalities" in racing who are suspected of lurking here don't post?

This is why.

Yeah, Max is opinonated. But who isn't? I think it's cool that he comes on here and tells his honest opinion and doesn't just pop in tells you what you want to hear and try to peddle his wares.

I personally think he should post under a nom de guere when he opens fire on someone to prevent his personal opinion from getting linked to his business as this has. But even if he doesn't,
    get over it. ANYONE who has worked with Max and/or Traxxion knows they do quality work that is within financial reach of us club racers. Those of you who don't like Max personally for what and how he posts here need to mature some and not be so "sensitive". And those of you who have never actually met him or had work done are just pissing into the wind.

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it, Due, your commie-pinko calculator works like all the rest of then commie-pinko calculators...only looks at 1/2 the facts. :D

4. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

LMAO ! ! ! Now that's funny. :D

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm not gonna get all long winded...

...but I think it's simply wrong for you guys to judge Max's character through his posts here on BBS.

If you want the first impassion I got from Max here it is...

A while back, I was unemployed and desperately needing a joby-job. Considering the shitty economy, one of the things I resorted to was to e-mail my resume to potential employers. You never know, it might just end up at the right place at the right time.

I sent out well over 30 e-mail's to plenty of companies with plenty of "professionalism". Some of them big enough to have their own HR department. Making a long story short, out of all those e-mail's Max was one of the very few (read: 3) who bothered to respond. Not did he only respond but he responded promptly and politely. His e-mail stated that… "Matt, I am currently not looking for anyone but please send me your resume around January." Doh!!! :D

It wasn’t the response I was looking for, but at least he acknowledged and gave half a flying fuck about the fact that I was looking for a job, unlike most of the potential employers I approached. To me, this alone speaks of his character, integrity and respect for other people. Needless to say, he scored himself a costumer.

6. Tracee Polcin

I would just like to add that who doesn't have a attitude? You take the good with the bad. Some people just have different views and some will point them out to you. Hell, I think Max is cool but at the same time he can be a dick. The same way I think about Moose, very good guy but doesn't come off with a bubbling personality. Even my old Bridgestone man could be dick but I liked him for what he was. We aren't going to agree with everyone out there, if we did it would be a boring world.

7. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I voted for red because it's my favorite.

8. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I use and will continue to use Traxxion for one reason. Service. I don't know Max. Never talked to him. But I like his services so I support his company. My contact with Traxxion has been...on my forks, Mike and Jacob. On my shock, Mike. In both cases the work was outstanding and on time. My bottom line has and will always be...you get what you pay for. I get it with Traxxion.

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Re: The PC police needs to step back

Uh.....Brad Wilson? BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

10. dave333

dave333 traveler

Max is highly entertaining. Even though I don't agree with many things that he chooses to take a personal stand on, I gotta appreciate the fact he has an opinion. I may or may not send my stuff to his company. I do know Traxxion does well respected work and charges a fair price for what they do. (I didn't say low price, I said fair...)

11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

BLACK ART???

...being a cheap ass...I do all the work myself...

..also note MAX fixed my forks...drilled out my race tech... and works great...

what I don't like is someone price fixing to keep a monopoly so use racers can't get a break...

I also don't think valving a fork isn't black art, many people qualified to do a good job, would like max to sell his product already assembled so the average joe racer can install on his own and save some money.

otherwise its race tech for me...
    anyone know where I can get ohlin's fork internals??? PPS??

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Re: BLACK ART???

I don't like it either.

Last year, when I was heading to VIR, I stopped by the grocery store to get ice and beverages. I told them I was a racer and wanted a discount. They said no way.

Cheap bastards.

And the gas station wouldn't give me a break either.

And the track charged me the same at the gate as everyone else.

I just can't get a break anywhere.

Life isn't fair.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

13. Shane Hucks

Shane Hucks Active Member

when i first started racing in 98, i was at RRR and was having alot of trouble with the handling of my bike. i went over and talked with max trying to find anything that could help me out. he went over my bike, made some adjustments, and told me to try it out. i came back and told him it seemed to be working alot better. all this started on a friday practice day. through out the rest of the day when i would see max he would ask if everything was still working ok. i think that shows a little about the man who some say is an asshole huh. maybe a asshole to you, but a man that knows his shit. long live traxxion.

14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Yeah, you didn't add enough in your thread because that one went right over my head. :eek: ;) Sorry, it was early. :)

Maybe I should have been reading your post more slowly but I was all wired from the coffee and obviously my brain hadn't caught up yet. :D

15. Mongrel

Mongrel Hell Hath No Fury

Everyone Sucks!!! :Puke:

16. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

That is what happens when you wear clothes soaked in Nutec and bean oil :D

17. dave333

dave333 traveler

Re: Re: BLACK ART???

Not the same argument, sparky...

18. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

While I don't know the first thing about setting up a suspension, I do know a thing or two about publishing and there's a comparsion that I'm surprised hasn't been made here yet.

Many people think JU is a major a$$hole and if you buy RRW on the newstand it's four bucks. But, IMHO this is the finest motorcycle road racing magazine that has ever been in existence and not even being a racer, I still have to have my RRW fix every month.

Look at the time and effort that JU spends out in the field. Look at the money he spends on stringers (me being one on occasion) to see that you folks get coverage. Look at the number of times so many of you club racers have been mentioned in print and on RRW.com. Look at the times that he has been on the BBS and has posted things that have made Max seem like a pussycat.

Look at the masthead on "major" magazines with all of the help they have. The publisher and editor are usually dudes who spends most of their time drinking scotch in some high-rise rich-man's social club, rather than beating the bushes and actually doing WORK! Lemmee see, JU got skin cancer because he spent all his time sitting behind a desk in the air condition? Or did he get it being out at the tracks?

Compared to what I've seen, even in some small newspapers, RRW has a skeleton crew compared to how much content they put out. I, frankly, am amazed at the quality of RRW considering such a small number of staff they have. And again, quite frankly, road racers are $$#@% lucky to have such a publication. (Of course, there still aren't enough photos of Desiree. ;) )

But if you judge RRW soley in terms of owner's personality or price per copy, then you would tend to say those other publications are "superior."

I'm not kissing JU's a$$. I don't need to. Anyway, kissing JU's a$$ is like trying to bribe Mongo with free beer. They'll take it freely, but won't give you nuthin in return. :D :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  19. Tracee Polcin

Best analogy yet. All hail the new king!!!:D

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Gee, the fact that Max posts here as an individual and expresses an opinion was what impressed me the most. Same goes for John Ulrich. Rather than bland corporate-style sales speak.

I don't always agree, but that's not the point.

If LP was a different type of suspension shop, I'd have to think about what's right in this case. But they aren't.

So it comes down to if you think suspension is an "off the shelf" item that, since it doesn't need support or service, is best bought via mail order at the lowest possible price.

Rather than votes on a BBS, I'd like to see an electronic petition at the Traxxion website, to be sent to Penske telling them how shortsighted they are being. I'd put my name on that...