1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pepsi/MMountain Dew Throwback

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, May 19, 2009.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/09/pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback/

I heard about this on NPR on the way home from work. We are not pop drinkers in the house, becuase high fructose corn syrup is just bad crap to have in your body. We just drink fizzy water or natual jucie. Or we drink cola made with sugar....

Anyhooooo....

I picked up a bottle of MD Throwback, and it was like I was back in 1973. I mean, it tasted great. Not syrup-y or heavy, nice and fizzy and actually better tasting.

anyone else try this?

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Mexican Coca-Cola from Costco. No Fructose, just sugar. mmmmmmm

3. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Many mexican restaurants that I go to have the 'mexican' Coke with sugar. I normally don't drink the high-test stuff, but, when I have the opportunity, I will have a bottle. BIG difference from the corn syrup version. Looking forward to trying the throwback Dew.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I am a hardcore Pepsi drinker. I've only found Pepsi Throwback in 12 ounce cans, which to me is a step below the 24 ounce bottles I normally purchase. A step above that is fountain.

Kroger had Pepsi on sale this weekend, and I ended up buying both regular in the 24 ounce bottle six packs, as well as the 12 pack cans of Throwback. The 15 gallons purchased should last a few weeks. I can tell a difference between the two products, but canned Throwback is not good enough for me to give up bottled.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We have the 20oz. bottles of Pepsi throwback here. After doing a back to back taste test with the sugar and HFCS bottles, I greatly prefer the sugar Pepsi.

But I like canned better than bottled, so YMMV.

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What's pop? :D Don't you mean coke?

8. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

Im a pretty hardcore Mt Dew drinker...I dont drink coffee so I gotta get my caffeine fix somehow. IMO Throwback Mt Dew tastes flat. Its not just the sugar, either...supposedly its the old formula as well. Either way, the new stuff tastes much crisper.

9. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

kosher coke is made with sugar

10. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

you both mean "soda"

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

That's what Roger thought as well. He called it flat.

I used to be a Coca-Cola fiend. (It's part of how I got FAT!)

Now I only drink a couple a month, but I really crave the old 16 oz glass bottles...

12. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

:up:

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Our family drinks pop. How can you drink soda? In a mixed drink I could see it, but all my itself?:Puke:

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Well, on training flights, my last squadron would fly down to El Paso just to get cases of Mexican Coke-a-cola for our geedunk.

15. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Alexa, the Mexican cokes come in the glass bottle. I find them at Pick N Save, but I also live on the southside. Reminds me of my childhood!

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I always thought the little 7 oz cokes in the glass bottle tasted best, is that because they were sugar instead of the evil HFCS. I going to have to try the throwback Dew.

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

tried it this morning- It's good. I can't drink the cornsyrup stuff; I'm fructose intolerant & it'll turn my insides out... for some reason Sucrose doesn't have as bad of an effect in spite of it being 1/2 fructose...