My brakes are f'd.. help me out!

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, May 9, 2009.

1. random hero

random hero Banned

Nice to see im the stupidest mofo on the board:rolleyes: I posted the fix, because yes I can laugh at myself, and thanks again to the few that tried to help. I'll make sure to leave the mechanic work to renaissance man from now on:clap:

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Your not the stupidest for sure. You finally figured it out. We were gonna give you a hard time even if you didn't admit it. Since you did admit the problem, we'll let you hang out a little while. It seems you'll fit right in.

3. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

I agree, but he's close, real close!:D

Reminds me of one of my Grandpa's sayings:

"Common sense just ain't that common"

4. WERA_Fan

WERA_Fan Well-Known Member

one of my favorites

"It is better to appear stupid, than open your mouth and prove it" - Mark Twain

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Stupidest? Pffft....Come talk to me when you break your collabone....

...in the pits...

...after doing this stuff for 24 years...

I'll show you stupid...

6. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I don't know about that...I think if he provided links proving that he was right, THEN he would fit in :D

7. rsilk

rsilk Well-Known Member

When I first got my FZR400 track bike, I noticed that the bleed nipples on the front calipers were pointing down. I figured that the calipers needed to be switched to the opposite sides of the forks. But the mounting holes did not line up.

Eventually I realised that when the calipers had been split at some earlier time (by previous owner), the wrong halves had been mated up. I switched the halves and voila -- nipples up, holes aligned.

/rs

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

That's an interesting one.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I think the really standup thing about Luke (OP) is that when I ask the question, when he looked and realized that they were backwards he could have just said "Nope they are pointing up", and never mentioned it at all...I think it is a learning lesson for us all.

Check the basics first..then look for the not so obvious.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I can tell you from experience also that Luke is a standup dude :up:

11. D-Rail750

D-Rail750 Well-Known Member

Burgess! They're on to you! Time to leave and find another place to be the forum idiot know-it-all!

12. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Well at least he will admitt when he is wrong, unlike some of the idiots who keep hitting the RED LIMITER.:beer:

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'm trying to figure out who you are. Daryll Havens?

14. D-Rail750

D-Rail750 Well-Known Member

Maaaayybe..

15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

so how well has that worked for AMAfan? :D

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Sheesh...they let any old riffraff on here. :Poke: :crackup:

17. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

No one has called you Lever yet...Think about it for a minute! :D

Sorry though, I have seen too many carried off the track because some moron decided to "go for it" when working on their own bike and not concerned about the ramifications of a motorcycle that is not working properly.

You are responsible for everyone else's safety out there. If your machine is not operating properly...don't go on the track and risk asspacking someone OR worse yet...become an erratic rolling chicane.

So yes, I will ridicule you. Like Britt said, you at least were sincere...a lot of people turn into an a-hole about such things, but to me it is like going to a gun range and rather than asking someone for help on procedure...you just figure...I got it "handled"

No, you will get ridiculed for good reason...so hopefully other people will read this and realize...if I don't know how to do it...I will get someone to help that has half a clue. I am surprised that at Hallet of all places, tech didn't even pick it up.

So again, hopefully people will read this and figure out three things.

1) If you don't know what you are doing...WAIT until someone can help you do it that knows what they are doing...AND Don't get on the track until such time you know your bike is working to an acceptable standard. What if you would have been asspacked and the guy told you, "sorry about your destroyed bike...but I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my brakes."
    2) Tech should have picked it up when you ran your bike through at Hallet.
    3) When someone says they are an "AMA Mechanic", there is a chance...they are just some moron...

Good Luck. Ride Safe.

Marcus McBain

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Dudes' gotta broken collarbone and shattered shoulder blade.
    I say we give him a big 'heal up quick' and wish him the best.:up:

19. random hero

random hero Banned

naa...keep pouring on the idiot talk.. im sure its making some guys feel great about themselves. Just fyi.. I never took the bike to tech, and actually yesterday @ cmra my bike did pass full tech, first time around. I'm not some chump that would endanger anyone else, I didn't take the bike out on track w/no brakes.. Actually yesterday when I showed up the 4 of us who worked on it for 3 hours had a really good laugh, they all felt stupid too... None of us have any buisness on the track im sure :rolleyes:

Thanks again brit.... I'm going to try to get back up too hallett tomorrow to watch matt and the guys. He on a black bike w/orange decals by chance?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

He should be on a flat black with kinda bright green on the intake opening..#50 or #501 I dunno what it is for sure what his CMRA # is....He has white and grey S&S leathers and is wearing a custom Arai with a Phoenix on both sides..lol.