1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, May 6, 2009.

1. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

Mike and I went to see it, of course! We have a hard time getting past Vulcan being destroyed and Kirk's dad and Spock's mom dying since none of that happened in the original series. Still it was a great movie!

2. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

Call me silly, but I'm looking forward to Ice Age 3 in 3-D. I just love Scrat and now there's a Scrat-ette, she looks too cool!

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I saw a couple of guys walking around in Star Trek uniforms the other day. I giggled.

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Wow. She's getting old. :D

5. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

that's because vulcan's destruction happens 100+ years after the original series. for reference, vulcan's destruction takes place 8 years after star trek nemesis.

the death of kirk's dad and spock's mom happens in a parallel universe/timeline caused by nero/spock's appearance at the beginning of the movie.

the original series (and movies) timeline and happenings are still "intact."

this is what i meant about the writers giving themselves a world where they're not tied to the stories that everybody already knows about the voyages of the starship enterprise.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  6. Game

Game zip tie master

7. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

saw it with my dad yesterday............he is a pretty big old school Star Trek fan

we both loved it...........great movie IMO

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Haven't seen the movie and won't see the movie unless this chick, Diora Baird, is naked or topless.

10. Yup...great rack!:up: