1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wera Racer Chuck Bannon passed away; Godspeed

Discussion in 'General' started by EricRoyal, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

RIP brother racer!

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Godspeed Chuck.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

RIP Chuck.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Godspeed Chuck.

5. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard a single word as to Chuck's condition nor his battle with this disease. I remember fondly the 2002 and 2003 race seasons when we had some good battles and fought each other for a championship in 2003.

What a great guy and a great competitor. Godspeed, Chuck.

Our best wishes and prayers to his family.

Cheers,

Brian Healea

6. roadracer127

roadracer127 Cruise Missile

RIP and prayers for his family.:(

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Godspeed Chuck. Your friends and family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Keith Reed

9. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

So sorry to hear about Chuck passing. He and I raced against each other quite a bit. Elaine was always there and they really enjoyed being at the track.

It's been just about three years since I've seen Chuck, I wasn't aware he was battling ALS.

He was way to young to leave us.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

10. TRACSIDMOM

TRACSIDMOM Well-Known Member

Chuck was a truly wonderful person and it was such a pleasure to be around him & Elaine and Breen at the track and then to welcome John.We were terribly shocked to hear the news of his illness last September.Chuck, thank you for being so good to us and always giving Moose good info on "FORD" stuff! Oh how we miss the GLRRA days!Elaine, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Theresa & Moose,Trackside Racers Supply,Inc

11. BearKat

BearKat Big Dude on a 600

Ride in Peace Bro. :(

12. raceday

raceday Team-TRS.com

Chuck was a good guy, a good racer and a good customer. We had no idea he was sick, last we heard he was pulling back from racing to be with the family. We coined a phrase 'you got bannened', he hated it but like all nicknames it's a term of endearment. I thought it was cool he was so hard to pass and for me it was kind of a whip to use on my guys. He fought harder than most on the track so i'm sure he fought this for all it was worth, we'll miss ya, thanks for the memories Chuck....RIP

13. Jamie Prohm

Jamie Prohm Active Member

Rest in Peace, great memories will go on!

I had NO idea either that he was ill. Some of my greatest memories were in the GLRRA days and my PIT spot for a couple years was right next to him. I have seen he pull off some amazing stuff and they are great memories to have. One of my great memories of him was when he crashed his GSXR so bad that I thought it was unrepairable and he totally disassembled the bike pulling a all niter and won numerous races that weekend on that bike. Great memories and good times. He lived life to the fullest when he was able and I wish the family all the best. My deepest sympathy for your loss!

14. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

A gentleman on and off the track. Godspeed Chuck

15. shreader1

shreader1 Active Member

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Chuck. He lived life to the fullest and although his time with us was short, he has left a lasting mark. Chuck was an independent type dude, never wanting sympathy or sorrow, and wanting to continue with normalcy as long as possible. He was in fairly good shape until Thanksgiving of 2008. ALS sucks bad, we will continue to fight this terrible desease!!!
    Breen Bannon
    ps...Johnny is a terror on the PW50...look for him in the pits someday!

16. jmyrick6

jmyrick6 New Member

R.I.P. Chuck

17. bblath

bblath Guest

same here. he was always at the front with eric spector, i think, when i first got into it. yet he was the first to offer help and advice to the newb.

godspeed, chuck.

18. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

Rest In Peace