1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best Squid story?

Discussion in 'General' started by healthhut, Apr 17, 2009.

1. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

I have notice that in the last year or so our local street guys are more retarded than ever. last nite at the local bike nite I have a guy tell me that his 1098 duc had 20 more rwhp than a hayabusa. What makes this worse is that he had just got done loosing a drag race with a lowered 600 and spanked by a stock 1300.
    Later I talked them(8) into riding some back roads and when they arrived at the metting spot 4 had turned and went home and the rest complained that it was to curvy.WTF is wrong with new riders.:D

2. drizkol

drizkol Well-Known Member

I just moved to my area - and met a stunt group. Forward this video to 1:20... nuff said! :crackup:

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

too curvy??? :crackup:

4. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

yeah, i see it all the time, squids seem to be seasonal. every spring lots of bikes turn up locally, very small percentage of them actually ride anywhere outside of town in the mountains, i have heard the "its too curvy" also, seems like as the summer goes on less and less are around, most loop them out doing wheelies or something stupid

5. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

There can be no "too curvy"

6. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

depends on what is on the side of the road...

I already had my squid experience for the year....just a painful reminder that stupid does hurt.

7. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

8. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

I have them several times daily when I must drag my F150's brakes to avoid rear ending them in the corners of Austin's winding roads.

The riding in 1st gear @ 12000 rpm on 50mph roads thing does piss me off.

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

How did you mean that?

On a stock recent-model literbike, that'd be about 100 MPH. Not so much for a recent 600, but still up there.

Did you mean using the road like a racetrack, or just carrying a lot of revs for attention (and maybe exaggerating the 12,000 RPM part)?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

11. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I love the constant bliping of the throttle to 'clear' the fuel Injection.

Oh, just remembered one; what's with the dicks that walk around stores with their helmet still on their head. Not completely on their head, but that gay-ass just over the hair style so they're looking out the bottom? Saw i guy walking around the mall like that one day trying to act all tough and what not.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I see all the guys around here sporting the glue on mohawk.

I can't say much though, I had a "fin" about 8 or 9 years ago.:D

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I worked with a busa rider recently who told me with a straight face, that he didn't like riding deal's gap, because it was all 1st & 2nd gear corners & that the BRP was far better. He's also taken all the armor out of his Icon jacket because he didn't like the way it looked. Surprisingly, he didn't wear a chrome Nazi helmet with a spike on top, but I'm sure that some of the crew that he rolls wit do. He also said that he's done a track day, but he didn't like it, either. what a moron!

14. MrWheeler

Being loud for no good reason, I couldn't see their tachometers, sorry.

15. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

No worries, dude, wasn't dogging you. I was only a bit puzzled by what you meant, is all.

I had a kinda-cute story about it (carrying 13,000 RPM on a ZX-10R in 1st gear through some canyon corners), but decided it wasn't a great idea to post it, so I edited what I had up there.

16. RoadKillMafia

RoadKillMafia Well-Known Member

how about those 3 wheel Can-Ams??? I see more and more everyday, I'm sorry, that's gay....

17. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Uber-Gay!!!

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

19. MrWheeler

I wasn't being grouchy...

Just remembered another good one. Two pull into REI looking super-duper cool, until one parks too close to the other, getting pinched between the bikes while dismounting.

:crackup:

20. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

Personally.....I like the video at 3:14 better.....

just sayin....:bow::crackup: