1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good time on sv at jennings

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Game, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Game

Game zip tie master

Whats a good time on a stock sv on jennings? I ran mid 137, whats a novice top 5 on lw twins?

Thanks@!

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

depends on the weekend , but 127 won the novice race in march
    there wasn't 5 in the race. I have seen novices do 24's
    but not very often.

3. Game

Game zip tie master

better qestion would be average lap, and im asking SS, not sbk, still 127?

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I hope you have a good time, regardless of the bike!:D It is supposed to be fun.:Poke:

5. Mlaud1000RR

Mlaud1000RR HONDA

Jennings is awesome! Will be there July 18th-19th

6. Game

Game zip tie master

I had fun, crashed out twice, once on 9 (peg hit the floor) and on 11 coming on 12. I just want to know how much room i have to improve.

7. Game

Game zip tie master

Hawk, where you located? im near Hialeah also. forgot to say, i fractured my wrist :(

8. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

14 is the lap record.

9. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

Check out mylaps.com. Under search type in WERA at Jennings and that you give you what you are looking for. I glanced over it and some experts were doing 24's. Hope that helps.

10. Game

Game zip tie master

17 is the lap record.

Thanks, ill take a look at mylaps!

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am in Houston, at the moment.

I have not ridden in SoFL in close to 5 years.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pretty sure Geoff May holds the lap record with a :14.

13. Bosarge22

Bosarge22 Active Member

May still holds the record at 14. I was there in December and Jason DeSalvo was working on his suspension and fuels and was running just over a second off the record. He was "just playing around". I felt very slow after that.

14. Game

Game zip tie master

ah i c

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Game... this is Jeff, I was the control rider out with you all yesterday.

Whaaaa?...... I didn't know you crashed in T9 too! :confused:

Sorry to hear about the fractured wrist :down:. Let it heal up good :up:!

As I mentioned yesterday, you'd need to be in the mid to upper 20's (as in 25's - 29's) to be competitive. I wouldn't worry too much about the lap times right now, and focus on your lines & being smooth. Good, fast times are a result of learning and putting it to work on the track = practice. Seat time, seat time, seat time. :cool:

Glad you guys had a good time! :beer:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

1:14.510 to be exact. ;)

17. Game

Game zip tie master

Thanks Jeff! Im looking on my laps, best time for novice looking at 126's. Im gonna slap some DOT's on there and practice, practice, this was my first time riding the SV and my first at Jennings, so will see. I still have to look at the damage on the bike. Left it on the trailer i was tired.

18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

For N Florida region, you get a top 5 for showing up usually. Other than that, what Ricky said. I always thought anything under 1:30 was respectable for a novice, but it takes a bit more to run up front. It really all depends on who shows up. Be thankful that Tryg and Heath aren't novices anymore.

19. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

too bad you weren't there saturday i could have shown you around. Glad to hear more lightweights thinking of getting into it. A 26 or consistent 27 should get you a win in novice might need a 25 though, look forward to seein ya in a race....in september when i finally make it to jennings again this year.

20. Game

Game zip tie master

Im looking to race in CCS next year but ill probably see you around on trackdays