1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first race weekend! (3/22/09 VIR)

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by brand-o, Mar 23, 2009.

1. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

First I just wanna say thanks to all of those responsible for making this past weekend such a success. I had, hands down, the most fun I've ever had in my entire life. I did a few track days last year and thought it would be fun to try racing but nothing could've prepared me for the transformation that takes place on the starting grid of a real race.

I had been running 1:44's in practice and thought that was it. I'd always heard people talk about "race pace" and expected that in the heat of the moment I may be able to shave a second or two from my fastest practice time. In the end I left VIR w/ 10th in C Superstock Nv. and a fastest lap of 1:38.772.

I couldn't have had a better weekend and I have a feeling I'm going to be short on cash this year. :beer:

2. d.wood623

d.wood623 Active Member

My first race weekend too, VIR was a blast. I'm looking forward to a lot of racing this year, thats if my wife doesn't throw me out first. Brand-O, what region(s) are you racing this year?

3. brand-o

I'm not racing for a championship or anything so I'm just going to the tracks closest to home. I'll be at Nashville at the end of this month and Bluegrass Motorsports Park in June.

4. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Brandon, it was good to meet you and dice it up with you. You did awesome! That was a lot of improvement for the weekend! You ended up running top times for your first time out!! I'll only be running in the northeast. I'll see you around.

5. brand-o

Thanks. I definitely think following you around in the mock race helped a lot. I'll have to try and make it up to your region again sometime. Will you be at Cycle Jam?

6. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Yep, I plan on being there. We'll have to hang!

7. d.wood623

d.wood623 Active Member

Whats up Dale? I was the '99 zx6r that was pitted across from you. I'm not going to make it out to summit this weekend, work got the best of me but I hope to catch you guys at cycle jam. Can't remember if I personally met you Brandon, but I do remember meeting a guy from Kentucky. Hope to catch you guys soon and good luck this year.

8. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Duane, didn't realize that was you. It was good pitting across from you, because when something rumbled through the loudspeaker we could both look at eachother and shrug as to whether the announcement was for our group. :)

Sorry you can't make it this weekend. See you out there in the future!

9. d.wood623

d.wood623 Active Member

I'll try to catch up with you at Cycle Jam, I hope by then I'm a little faster, lol. And Brandon, I'll be at Bluegrass in June, so I'll see you there.