1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 GSXR 1000 - Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'General' started by Focker, Mar 20, 2009.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Seems to me AMAfan is pretty much correct in this case from what I have read and from what others have told me. What exactly did he say that is totally wrong or is not the case. :confused:

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

They already have them

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder how many 2008's are still in a crate and maybe Suzuki is only doing a limited run and delivering only to their top dealers.

4. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

thnx AMAfan for the info...wat u wrote seems quite reasonable.

both YoshUSA & YoshJapan have pipes listed for the bike...would that imply that they have the bike?

I would like to believe that Yosh had delivery before the '09 started making the US tour. And I certainly dont believe that Suzuki/Yosh are having a problem getting it to run..(Zukefan, Imma lil bias, LOL)

How badass is it, that Zukes '08 is beating everyone's '09!

So wat could possibly be preventing them from running the '09 in competition.

5. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I seem to remember some models of GSXR being raced at VIR in march before they were available in the showrooms. Actually, I recall Jensen breaking one in half at VIR a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the floor at that time. I could be wrong though. Anywho, has any 09's been sighted in race trim in the USA yet, other then the yosh bikes in pre-season testing?

6. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

you're forgetting that there's been some "small" rule changes since then.

7. Stogie

Stogie Banned

NOT! Who's got them? Specifically?

8. Stogie

Stogie Banned

MFG's do not think like this. Suzuki decreased production approximately 2 years ago and the company has been in shambles about that long too. They are THE worst!

9. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

i don't know where some of ya'll are getting your info......but, the rockstar suzuki team cannot race the bikes until they are on the showroom floor. for sale to the public. that's the rule. yea......rockstar has them already. and has them ready to race. they can't, until they go on sale to the public. those are the rules.

10. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I'm not forgetting that. My point was bikes have been known to be available to some, before others. So has anyone seen them in the hands of the so called "others"? If not, that would lend some credence towards them not being in the country until april-august-2010 or whatever else the knuckleheads have come up with.