1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki $$ posted

Discussion in 'General' started by MV, Feb 25, 2009.

1. MV

MV Well-Known Member

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Good stuff from Suzuki once again...

3. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

was wondering when it would be up-thx for postin'

4. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

in the past you could buy a used 1 yr old suzuki and register it for contingency, but the way I am reading the rules it sounds like you have to purchase the bike new from a dealer now. that sucks if it is true since I just bought an 08 gsxr used specifically for contingency. does anybody know for sure if this is the case? Dont see anywhere on the site to register even for the mx guys and that has been running for a couple months.

5. 2SickRacing

2SickRacing Well-Known Member

WHAT no way. i did the same thing you did. this will really suck. hopefully its not true. yah i couldnt find the registration link either

6. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

it says "Only New 2008 and 2009 GSX-R, SV650, and SFV650 models sold by authorized U.S. Suzuki dealers are eligible for road racing contingency"

Models sold my autherized dealer doesn't bought from autherized dealers, you will be fine.

7. 2SickRacing

yah that makes sense after re-reading it. just saying if a dealership in the u.s. sells the same thing your riding as long as its an 08-09 than your chill. hhmm i think thats what its saying. pretty much said the same thing as last year sooo looks like were alright ahastings.

8. ahastings

this is the part I am talking about "Contingency will be paid to the Warranty Registered owner. If the motorcycle raced is not owned by the racer, a sponsor affidavit must be completed and submitted before the rider is eligible for payment "
    the warranty registered owner would be the person that buys it from the dealer right?

9. 2SickRacing

psh idk. try calling them and let me know :)

10. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

thats what its always said your fine

11. 2SickRacing

the forms will prolly be up this week or the next

12. desmoworks

desmoworks Well-Known Member

Initially yes, but it is possible (and encouraged) to updated the warranty registration to have the most current owner. If there is a recall whomever is on the warranty registration will get contacted about it - if you don't update the registration you'll miss out on things like that!

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Even if you have to switch the Warr, it's easy to do. I did it on a racebike of mine once. I got it when it was 3months old and swapped it over. Then asked them them to fix the tranny in it.

14. Chip

Chip Registered

All the rules are the same as they have been in the past. The money ain't the same as it has been in the past, but its not bad. This is a good thing! :up:

15. ahastings

can you do that if the warranty is expired? I see on the website it says you can do it at any suzuki dealer. Also no mention of the Suzuki cup races.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I would think so. Just for recall purposes.

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Damn it....my 2004 GSXR does cut the mustard test for contingency!:D

18. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Robert Pouch? :D

19. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

In the past, a copy of the title in your name or bill of sale with salvage/previous owners title has been it. Pretty sure the wording is the same.

20. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Thank you $uzuki!!