1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most squidly thing you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I'm just amazed that she still married you :)

2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

The guys at charlottesportbikes.com

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Bike week in Daytona 2003. We are 19 years old.... A buddy and I make plans for this trip the week of. We welded a trailer hitch onto my $400 junk yard find 87" Toyota Tercel Hatchback and head off to FL. We pulled a 6x9' utility trailer with this little bastard for 1000 miles one way. No car insurance and two bald tires. No spare for the trailer and he didnt have a drivers license. The exhaust was broken off after the Cat. It only had front seats an no door skins. The stereo was pushing two bookshelve speakers with treble only.
    We were burning 1 qt. of oil for every tank of gas. Black death all over the front of our bikes. Mine had a whopping 25 miles on it....also bought that brand new the week of. lol My buddy already needed a rear tire on his 98" Katana before we left....when we get into Ga. we realize that his bike had shifted(we strapped the bike on the center stand) lol The reprecutions of this....a hole in the the side of his brand new front tire. lmao So....we stop by a local bike shop and buy the cheapest front tire that we could find to fit it. $150 mounted. So...that was his rear tire money.... By the end of bike week he wound up riding bitch on the back of my bike from Cocoa Beach back to Daytona. We had worn the center completely out of the tire on his bike and it went flat. There is much much much more to this story but I jsut can't keep going...lol Not right now at least. The riding experiences there along wtih the road trip itself truely deserves a movie. lol:beer:

We should have been put in jail for this trip I swear...

5. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

...and folks wonder why dealers don't allow test rides.

6. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Oops! My bad... I meant CX 500... It was an old cruiser....

7. gripfreak89

gripfreak89 Well-Known Member

My 21 year-old brother, who btw is 2 years older than me, finally convinces me that it wouldn't be that bad if I let him ride my r6 track bike around the block. It's probably 40 degrees out and the bike has Bridgestone slicks. Before he leaves I explain to him that the tires would be very slippery and tell him specifically to be very easy on the throttle and not to use first gear at all.

So he gets on the bike and with jeans, jacket, and my helmet (at least). He makes me take video of him revving the bike "to show his friends..." and I do. :Poke: Then, after stalling it once he leaves, and I notice that he turns right at the stop sign, instead of left. He takes off away from our neighborhood, and I hear him rev it through the gears. At this point I'm already upset because he was supposed to just go around the block. Then he goes far enough away that I can't hear him anymore. I sit in my garage waiting for his return. 5 minutes later I'm a little worried. 10 minutes later I'm suspecting something bad. 5 minutes after that I get on his company truck, cause I couldn't find my car keys, and go look for him. I drive for about 10 minutes and go back home, I couldn't find him and he wasn't back home. I go inside to try to give him a call and I hear someone pulls up my driveway. It's a guy I've never seen in an Accord, and my brother on the passenger seat.

My brother's jacket was torn in half, and he was holding his knee. I tell the guy thanks, but "why the hell didn't you take him to the hospital??" As I carry my brother to the truck he keeps telling me "sorry man, sorry." Then he starts telling me the bike is ok and I tell him to shut up, no time to talk about the bike. On my way to the hospital, I was driving so fast that pieces of pre-punch steel were falling from the bed of the truck. I was definitely freaking out and worried about my brother. At this point I hear him say "dude, I'm getting a bike!" :wow:

He broke his knee in several places and has a bunch of abrasion wounds. He crashed it about 2 miles from my house, he wanted to "see how it accelerated on first gear..." and it threw him off. This was three months ago. he's finally gonna have surgery next week, they had to wait this long because he had way too much inflammation to operate. And he still wants a bike...

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Damn, you are a good brother, if it had been my brother I would have picked my bike up, made sure it was ok, and then took him to the hospital.

:D

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid:

10. mattmerritt89

mattmerritt89 Well-Known Member

I was once one I just got my bike back in June trying to pull out off the dealership the bike keeps going dead in front of everyone one of the local radio statio a were down so there were a ton of people. A guy gets on the bike pulls off and says there's nothing wrong with it. Finally get it to go get on the road asking my self what did I do a can't ride this bike. Get to a stop sign get ready to go dump the clutch and pop a masive wheelie and scare the crap out of my self. Then pulling onto a drive way at a gas station drop the bike in the parking lot embarresed as hell.

11. ramshyam

ramshyam Banned

Nice post. Its really informative and resourceful

12. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

wtf?:confused:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just another wannaspammer who thinks you'll click on their signature link.

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I like what you changed it to. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way more fun than banning them :D

16. marka

marka Well-Known Member

Howdy,

Riders school at Summit, musta been '91?

I'm riding my buddy's EX500 he bought race prepped from someone.

1st crash:

We're on the skid pad, doing some counter steering drill thing where you accelerate up to a lane change looking thing, go through the lane change, then stop. I, of course, try to "win" and proceed to lock up the front wheel and fall on my ass, busting up the throttle housing and otherwise look like an idiot. Monkey with throttle housing until its mostly working and continue on.

2nd crash:
    The race prepped bike had steering lock limiters/reducers. Still on the skid pad, I just completed the lane change thing (this time without trying to win), and I need to turn around. I lean the bike over to the left, turn the bars to catch the turn, and smack into the steering lock limiter. Then I proceed to do the running shuffle step for probably 20 feet before finally falling over.

3rd crash:
    Its the end of the day and we're doing the rider's school mock race. Me and an instructor are "dicing" for position and I out brake him into turn one, then realize there's no possible way I can make the corner, stand it up a little and ride off the outside, pushing the front in the dirt and falling over.

I still got my license. I figure I showed enough stupidity to prove I should race motorcycles. :)

Mark

17. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

2001- I am riding around at work and see a new Suzuki 1000 being ridden into a car dealership. I pull in and invite him to come ride with our sportbike group through some twisty roads up into Tennessee. He shows up the next weekend and tells how he has had the bike one week, that he just got insurance money from his previous 2 week ZX9R that he had bought new. He had done a u-turn on a busy 4-lane and was t-boned and in a coma for over a week. It was his first bike. His wife agreed to let him try again. He not only has chicken strips, but his tires look like the bike has never even leaned 10 degrees. I follow him slowly up a mountain road where he straight lines all the turns still not leaning. I suggest he turn back but he stays with us after lunch. I lead the group down a mountain and only a couple of riders make it to the bottom. Someone tells me that GSXR1000 had come to the first downhill turn and run straight into the rock cliff wall. He told the other riders to go on, that he would limp back home with another scared rider.
    The next day I go by his work and they say that he had quit at the end of the week and gone to another job. A week later, I go by there to see him and ask about his wreck. They tell me that he has been in a Chattanooga hospital the whole time after being flighted from the top of the hill with internal injuries. They also say that he has no health insurance. When he finally does return to work, he has a new R1. .... I don't go see him anymore.