1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental race tires??

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Feb 22, 2009.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Chad why are always so negative about anything anyone writes or has an opinion of? That's the vibe I get from you and I don't even know you. :rolleyes: Don't want to grind your ax.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

not being negative, i'm relaying the info i got from the person that tested them and that i wrenched for at the Road America AMA round last year. i explicitly asked him about the Continentals. just because i dont say "they are awesome, everyone should run them", doesnt mean they arent decent tires, but representing them as better than they are isnt my thing either.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

interesting.........thanks for the info guys

i may contact you about trying out a set of those DOT's Rob

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Continental used to make a good performance tire in the '80's. Greg Tysor (IIRC) used to be sponsored by them back about '86ish. Sounds like they may be getting back into the game.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well I am going to try them then give my honest opinion about them. The pricing is right so I don't see any harm on running them at a trackday. I know all Brandon wanted was contact info and he got that. That was the original intent of this thread in the first place. You should give them a whirl at a trackday and let us know how you really feel.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i have no need to test them, but if i did, a trackday would be where i would.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Test them all of you riders! If you think the are bad, you can all kick me in the nuts!

Continentall tyres are Great

8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I used to have Conti Blitz on a KZ650. That thing would spank the big bikes in the twisties. Great tires for 18 inch rims. Dunno about the new ones.

9. RCR_531

RCR_531 Well-Known Member

I raced on Conti's last year and got many top 5s with them. If Pirelli wasn't paying so will this year I would be on them again. I had a top Expert run them at a trackday and he liked better then the tires he had been racing on. I am on a 600 and he was on a 1000. I would recommend them to anyone that wants a great tire at a great price. I still plan to use them at trackdays and races that Pirelli doesn't pay for.

10. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Conti is huge in Europe. Europe's #1 selling brand actually. And they do very well in racing over there as well. KTM's are running them in Endurance series too. I have been on the street Cinti's for a while now on my Gix 1000, and they stick as good as any Michelin I've tried, and last more than twice the miles.
    Rob (Lithium)I have emailed you, as my local supplier isn't coming up with any firm #'s yet.
    I can have tires shipped to my Endurrance teammate's palce in Buffalo.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  11. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

I personally tested the Conti's for Rob last year and was VERY impressed with the rear. I normally run Pirelli.

12. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

Well here is my reply, i really didnt want to get involved but sence i am the rider Cb186 and Rob (lithium) are talking about i thought i sould give my opionion.

Let me start of by saying im not a supper fast practiser and when at a trackday i dont feel like i have anything to prove, but i can hold my own in a race.

so i tried the Conti's at MAM on my 1000 the 1st time out i really didn't like the front that much felt like it would colaps under braking so i pumped it up a few lbs and it made it a totally different tire it was very nice and i felt pretty confedent in it. now i dont push the front on my 1000 like i would on my 600 but it felt like it would do the job just fine, as for the rear i tried to get stupid with throttle a few times and it stuck really nice.

I did ask Rob to contact Conti about getting me tires for the AMA round and there just wasn't enough time so thats where it ended.

13. ascotgregory

ascotgregory New Member

First post on this forum .
    I was responsible for the Continental US motorcycle market for 21 years . Greg Reich is now the current manager and he is one person . He is in charge of the US market . Conti has one US guy. All Conti questions should go to him . That said they are expanding their range. Compared to the other "racing companies" Conti is very small but do not under estimate the product without a fair shake.
    Greg Tysor

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Welcome. I watched you race at Talladega in 86 or 87. That may have been AMA, not WERA, I don't remember that far back.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Greg told me to contact Rob @ Lithium for race tires but was very helpful nonetheless.

16. ascotgregory

ascotgregory New Member

conti man

Greg is a great guy ( Greg Reich ) I hired him . Very honest , will not give you a load of BS . That said he is not a racer or had track side experience . If he has assigned a track vendor that's where specific info like track abrasion , track temps , air pressure with regard to this , rain , etc. etc. A lot of people on forums have opinions and they give the impression they are experts when that is clearly not the case. Word of mouth is a great tool , depends on the mouth. Thank goodness for track days . Be careful .
    Greg Tysor
    ps
    yall need to go to a dirt track this summer !

17. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Hello WERA Racers, We are DragonKnee Racing and will be vending Continental Race Attack Comp. tires this season in the Mid Atlantic region. Rob at Lithium Motorsports has just set us up and our first major tire order is enroute to us as we speak. We plan to be at the majority of the mid atlantic WERA events and all of the mid atlantic CCS/ASRA events. We are currently looking for east coast sub-distributors as well. Contact me by email for any questions or pre-orders. This is our first year doing this and I hope to be a permanent fixture at all WERA mid atlantic events in future seasons.
    We tested the Attack Race Comp Dot's at Jennings a few months ago and were very impressed with the Traction and handling characteristics. THere is no better testimony than trying something for yourself. Let us know if we can help you out!
    Dale [email protected]

18. chunky913

chunky913 Well-Known Member

Hello guys, I am the Continental Trackside support for the South. I am located in Arkansas. If there is something that you need feel free to contact me. My email is [email protected]. Dragonknee if there is anything you need feel free to contact me also!

19. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Any Conti reps going be at any of the Jennings races this year?

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If any of you Conti dealers will be at VIR, come by and talk to me please. I'll be stuck at the B'stone trailer all weekend. I want to now what you think about them.