1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me some gloves...

Discussion in 'General' started by jdmbuilt, Feb 12, 2009.

1. jdmbuilt

jdmbuilt Well-Known Member

I want something that has more "feel".

I had the alpinestars gp tech and didn't really like them. I think the leather is too thick.

are the gp pros like that? any other gloves out there you guys recommend?

2. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Held.

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

There Are lots of threads...you might get more info with a search.

IMO the Kobe race gloves are the most protective gloves that exist, and they are $100. they are a bit bulky though, and might take getting used to.

the best 'feel' gloves I ever had were RS Taichi, but this was probably 5 years ago. DaveK might be able to comment on how the new RST's compare to the older ones.

4. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

kUSHITANI GPR5

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The GP tech's are tough but you will appreciate that if you go down. The HELD gloves are like Daytona boots. Amazing protection.

6. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

+1 for Helds. I have the current model GP Pros and the feedback from the Helds is much better IMO. I found that you can feel the seams around the fingers alot more with the GP Pros.

7. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

8. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

HELD Phantoms are great. I don't like a bulky glove (hated the Alpinestars for that reason). The HELD's have a nice feel on your fingers/palms while still providing great protection on the backside. And they look great too.

They are pricey ($279 @ Sportbiketrackgear.com) but I feel it's worth it. I've crash tested them as well and they've "HELD" up great. :up:

9. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

+1 on the held phantoms, same as jeff said. They also have great customer service and can repair them if you crash in them.

10. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

+1 on the Kobe Pro Race glove ....

Like $105 with racer discount and damn nice gloves. I've been wearing the same pair since like 99 or 2000! I have another pair as a back-up but the first pair seem to just keep lasting and lasting.

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Held and only Held.

12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i had the old helds, thought they were good until i bought their newer phantom. even better. spend the money for 'em, you wont regret it.

13. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

from the looks of things i need to try the helds as well. but i love the joe rocket gpx 2.0 glove. no breakin required the gloves are great right out of the pack.

14. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

+1 awesome gloves

15. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

i have a pair of fieldsheers that have been to hell and back-- i love them, they crashed well, and are reasonably priced... might be worth a look....

16. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Take your current gloves....fill them with shaving cream (aloe and lanolin (sp) type) and wear them for a couple hours.....They will fit to your hands and you will have a much better feel on the bike.

17. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

+1 on the Held Phantoms

Good stuff, just not cheap.....

18. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

:up: Held Phantom

19. AZScorpion

AZScorpion Well-Known Member

You don't say what you're using them for, Latex would be your first choice if it's your BF :D

If it's moto related, anything in 'Roo is great. I know Held makes some. Not cheap but excellent feel & quality :up:

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

held phantoms. that is all.