1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha contingency 09...Sxxt!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

^nice!!

2. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

well, I guess we won't be racing so hard for contingency $ this year

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yamaha money no - but everything else I have so far is the same or better.

4. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Damn it, who wants an R1 with all the coolest shit? Ill trade it for a GSXR. This blows, I know I took a risk, but contingency was the only reason I bought and built and 08 Yamaha. With my tire deal and Michelin's awesome contingency Ill be chasing tire money instead of Yamaha money. :up: or :down: cant tell yet.

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

wow...........thats a huge drop..........riding a Yamaha this year in Expert would be kind of silly when Kawasaki and Suzuki have MUCH better payouts

although from what Ive heard the US is the place that has contingency payouts........most other series in the world rely on series sponsors for cash payouts.......

6. 2SickRacing

2SickRacing Well-Known Member

wow hopefully suzuki keeps it rolling like last year. Kawi has def the best contingency out there. I heard its well more distributed with better payout to all top 5. errrr....

7. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

the shop i buy my bikes from was closed today but tomorrow i will cancel my R1 order and see if they will take back the 09 R6 i just picked up. good thing is they are a Kawi dealer so ill probably go that route :( very sad was so looking forward to rocking the 09 R1

8. TotalBlackout

TotalBlackout comb your hair

get a kawasaki. the new 6r is nice. took a quick test ride last week and I love my 08 10R

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's a potential game changer. Looks like I may have to switch brands ...

10. benprobst

Is this Pretts?

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

yes

12. benprobst

What are you riding this year Chad? You staying up norf?

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

It could be worse. Yamaha hasn't paid ANY contingency in Canada for the last several years. Either at the club or at the National level.

The other 3 are prety generous up here though, with Honda (if you get in on the red rider program) pays a bundle.