1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That was a waste of time

Discussion in 'General' started by Bones74, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

What a waste of money to go to the cycle show in Michigan. It was better last year. No Aprilla, BMW, smaller areas. Don't waste the money.:down:

2. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Sucks to hear, our shop went up to vend. Iron Pony Motorsports. I don't know if you saw our booth.

3. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

Bummer, Must have missed it. I was looking forward to seeing BMW and Aprilla's race bikes.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

It's usually not a very good show, but in the winter it's something to do. I've been to the DC show before and it wasn't worth anything near $13/person for the show. I'm going this year just for something to do and a mini vacation for my girlfriend and I.

5. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

I've often said that so much of the crap (in general) as far as shows HAVE to be run in the winter when there is nothing at all to do. Otherwise people wouldn't bother going.
    I already know the NYC show is going to suck, but this time of year, it's not like I can choose to do a million other things.

6. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

The XR1200 is huge in person! Its long like the v-rod almost. I could not imagine turning that thing in a haripin.

Other than that pretty same old same old but what better way to spend a day (mid winter) walking among scooter people and looking at bikes. In the morning I'm thinking I'll take the dirt bike to the lake and play.

7. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

The show pretty much sucked in Seattle too....small, boring, and not much in the way of interesting things to see.

8. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Roland Sands had some neat bikes there.