1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robby Madison Jump in Vegas...

Discussion in 'General' started by burner42, Jan 1, 2009.

1. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

That was crazy! Then crazier dropping in 100 feet! :bow: :eek:That dude has bowling balls clanking between his legs.
    Then there was the Robby Knievel jump ten minutes later on Fox :down: that guy has zero style and takes minimal chances... Madison jumped higher than Knievel jumped total distance... but hey it pays the bills.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I seriously didn't think he was going to pull off that landing, waaayyyyy too far out. Seriously impressive, and insane :)

3. I missed it. Is the video posted to the web yet? Mongo can you make an exception to the rule so someone can post a link?

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Did you guys notice he developed a "Twitch" after the jump??? never saw him do it before in any of the interviews....like he was trying to get his brain to "reset"...

It was a CrazyStunt....:up::up::up:

KRK on the otherhand was BORING.:rolleyes:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Learn to use Google.

6. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Holy Crap, I just watched it on You Tube......Kinda made RK's jump look lame
    :clap:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I had to guess I'd say he has a mild for of Tourettes. I know some other people that do that too, it's worse when they're stressing. You could see him doing it when he was getting ready too and then the head shakes on the bike as he did the practice runs and such.

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I saw it on Yahoo in their "Featured" section and with the ESPN bug on the video I'd guess that you might find it there as well.

Pretty freakin' crazy... :wow:

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, that would explain it, didn't know that stress would enhance it...learned something new, I thought it may be from the multi-concussions.

10. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

it was supposed to be Robby Knievel's last jump (until he needs some cash)

what happened to Robbie Madison Service Honda CR500?

11. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

It's on right now on ESPN2

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Yep, espn talked about this before the jump.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess I should have listened :D

14. 1anoney

1anoney The next member

Anyone catch the apology for his profanity after someone ran up and tried to wrap his hand?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Missed the apology, caught the profanity and caught one of his guys on the radio feed they had saying naughty stuff when he made it :D

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

The descent was phenominal :clap:

There could be $10 million in tax-free cash waiting for me at the bottom - I'm not jumping off that arch :wow:

17. stan.riner

stan.riner Well-Known Member

Google "The Science Behind Robbie Maddison's Jump" and you'll see a short clip on how they calculated everything. When I saw it (the real jump last night), I thought that they must have done some serious work to make sure he made it.
    I wonder if they have a speed limiter on the bike so that he can just hold it wide open and the be at the right speed. That wouldn't be that hard to do, would it?

18. Mad RR

Mad RR Well-Known Member

That jump was insane!!! I thought he was dead when he was coming down and the bike went sideways. He somehow held onto it. It was pretty funny when they were trying to interview him and he was cussing at the medical people lol. His hand was gashed open kinda bad and most likely broken, but considering he could have died I think he came out alright.

19. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

Saw the jump on ESPN. I'm sure they had everything figured out and all that stuff for the first half but to pull it off is wild. The second half is just so insane that I can't fathom it. Where do you get the nerve to just ride off the building like that???

20. sdg

sdg *

balls.

No way I could do it.