03' R6 Fender aftermarket options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by juni5, Dec 8, 2008.

1. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Currently I have a hotbodies front fender drilled and slotted to the max it can go. It worked fine with the michelins. But today running with dunlop 209's I don't have much clearance (about 3mm in the rear of the fender). It clears the tire ok enough but my warmers don't fit.

Does anyone know a good fender that has a bit more clearance for warmers and the taller profile tires? I would switch tires, but at the moment I can get dunlops cheap.

I searched and it seemed like godfather had a good one, but their out of business, right?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ive got an 04 R6 with the Optimal Racing bodywork and front fender, and theres plenty of room for the dunlops/warmers on mine.

3. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the info Todd! :up: I'll definitely take a look at optimals fender.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just put some spacers (or washers) under the bolts where the funder mounts.

5. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

We have some Sebimoto fenders ( $50) that are made for a taller tire.
    The mounting recess has an elongation that allows you to drill as you see fit.

6. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Cool...That might be an option..I talked to the optimal dealer and he said they don't currently have a fender for that year. He's checking into it though.

I don't know how legal this is, but I do have an extra front fender from a different bike that I believe I can modify to fit. Do you think I'll have any problems or be DQ'd? If so I'll spend the $50 for sure. I just have this thing lying around doing nothing..

7. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch for shipping so quick and giving me the great deal! :up: