1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 Years Ago today in the jungle of Guyana...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Suburbanrancher, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

They're all Kleenex...

edit: Panther beat me to it. I too have nothing of value to add to this thread.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

How did that wack job get so many Americans to Gyana and why were they there? I don't remember much about that thing because I didn't care. Just a few thousand nutjobs eliminated. No real problem with me.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

When will you ever leave it alone?

:D

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

They hated America. America was bad. America was the great satan. :rolleyes:

Outside of the kids involved, I feel about as sorry for them as I do for that moron in Oregon who took the Nigerian scam.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Ah so they were Islamic?

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Jones took the group out of the US because he was getting a lot of heat from law enforcement. There was a lot of abuse occurring in the form of sleep deprivation cells, boxes that people were placed in that allowed no light or sound, and the law was closing in on him. According to a guy that survived the ordeal most of the people were simple minded, and almost like children. They did whatever Jones told them to do. A few adults started resisting at the end, and were shot when they wouldn't take the poison.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hmmm sounds sort of like a certain TX mormon installation of a few months back. ;)

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw a good documentary about it. It's amazing the shit you can make people do if they believe you have a direct line to God.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Blows my mind everytime this kind of shit happens.

10. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Fanatical beliefs are always dangerous. Religious ones are just the most common variety.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

In what way(s)?

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Simple minded, did everything the leader told them and the law was getting close. Well actually the law was there and not just close. ;)

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the law had to give `em all back because they wanted to believe the story the unknown caller told them and went off half cocked.

Well, and nobody died this time.

Other than that, they are exactly alike... :rolleyes:

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nothing much really came out of that TX thing right?

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, the girls did get some stay-away overnighters butt I don't think there's gonna be a Mormon Girls Gone Wild vid avaialble...

;)

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:crackup:

Damn, some of them Mormon chicks are hot. :p

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Seems like the last thing that I heard is that a few of the children may still be in foster homes but I'm not sure of that. I did hear last week that there were a few more indictments handed down on more of the adult men.

19. scotth

scotth Banned

well shoot, bubbalicious, you're at least two out of those three. what kept you from voting the right way?

20. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

MSNBC is showing a very good documentary about it. Highly recommend it if your interested in the story.

I think it airs again this Friday night at 11 or 12.