1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More bailout anger...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Clay, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

So at first I was for the bailout, seeing that it would help the economy as a whole and keep foreign banks from buying up more of the US. But now, I'm getting more and more pissed off about this. Why can we not make simple rules that say this money will only be used for xyz. If you want it, you will not spend on abc, but only xyz lest we toss your sorry, caviar lovin', butt in jail!

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticke...onal-Disgrace?tickers=GS,MS,JPM,BAC,C,WFC,XLF

2. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

Greed, politics, goverment greed, kind of simple actually. Something to be said about a country being this corrupt. More bad news. Paulson is trying to get another 350 billion before Obama goes in office. That was announced today. :up:

3. murf

murf Well-Known Member

where has the 2 trillion gone ?
    crazy.
    he made a good point that if they have to give out bonuses to keep good employees they should use stock

4. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I thought that was part of the problem that got us to this point. Thats part of what drove enron and others to "make" their earnings numbers. The stock bonuses are also what creates the $100M bonuses for Execs that people are complaining about. How about we just stop bailing people out and make stupid hurt that will do more good than any amount of regulation.

oh, and its $3.5 TRILLION for the bail out and still going up.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What 2 trillion?