1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ken Block killin' it...

Discussion in 'General' started by Stumpy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

That was pretty freaking cool.

4. Dude is freaking amazing. I wonder how many times he has rolled one of these cars?:wow:

5. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Wait until you find out what one of 'those cars' costs.......

6. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet he's run from the cops a time or two as a teenager. :D

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

It's amazing the things you can do in life when you co-found a multimillion dollar company in your 20s and then sell it off to a bigger company while you're still in your 30s. :beer:

8. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

that was retardedly sick!!!

9. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

Very cool!

10. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

wow....that is all

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Allright, that's just fun.

Wonder if he said "DOH!" at the 2:21 mark, though :)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who is the driver? What company?

13. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Maybe a little OT, but how reliable are those engines built to that spec (530hp) I've seen some outragous claims with these engines (750hp), does the boxer type engine handle high pressures more readily? If so, is it due to crankshft stability?

14. R6addict

R6addict shaking the minds of BBS

The subie motors running enough boost to push more than 500 hp have to be built. Racing internals are costly and beefing up the tranny/clutch is costly too There's a guy in my neighborhood with over 20K just in his motor, clutch, and transmission. It thumps everything on the street with the exception of the new GTR... but owners have complained that they cant keep the transmissions from shredding in the new GTR's when driven hard off the line with then new launch assist. Nissan is telling them tough cookies!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  15. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Does this engine configuration have any advantage over any other (Inline, vee, etc)

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lower height, lower center of gravity.

17. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Ok, but I meant HP/torque, output/limit

18. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Ken Block is the driver.........and Damon Way (Skateboarder Danny Way's borther) Started DC shoes. Droor's clothing was where the DC came from....They sold to Quiksilver awhile ago for an unbelievably sick amount of cash, and kept creative control of their company. Many people incorrectly assumed that "DC" Stood for the D in Danny Way and the C Colin Mckay.... The Number 43 on Ken's car and on many of the pieces DC sells is just a numerical representation of DC. D being the 4th letter of the alphabet and C being the third.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. What's Damon Way's connection to the car video? Did I miss something?

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:wow: Dang. I'm not really a car guy but that's pretty bad ass.