Yummy CRF450RR

Discussion in 'General' started by Cawk Star, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

That honder makes me feel all funny

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

Geoffs bike is sweeeet! and he's havin some great people riding them....

[​IMG]

3. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

Damn :wow:

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I got a pretty good look at it too, only for about two corners.
    [​IMG]

5. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

i want 1 for my 13 year old

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Why would anyone want to ride a dirtbike on a roadrace track?:D

7. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

8. aaronson

The only cool pic, I took at the GNF

9. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

Swingarm looks awfully flat?

And have any of the Honda riders in this configuration figured out how to keep the damn things from chattering the front everywhere on the stock-but-lowered forks? My CRF450 motard (and most all other Honda riders I talk to) have a difficult time with front end chatter out of the things...

?

10. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

We have the same problem with our Aprilia 550's.....we are getting them better....but that front end chatter is our worst enemy

Ab

11. Retz

Retz Well-Known Member

The bike that Tyler Odom is riding is one of Gavin Trippe's. The fabrication on this bike is amazing.

Steve, lets see some closeups and details on yours. How did you tackle the suspension?

The GP Tech bike looks very vell built. What is the deal with the thumb brake? Why would you want one installed? I love there placement on the frame slider on the original foot peg bolt. Genius!

QUESTION FOR MONGO: Is this class going to continue at the Nationals with the low turnout they had this year?

12. SLLaffoon

Both Geoff and I were having chatter issues at the GNF's, seeming to be related to the type of tire we were using. Mine started as a geometry issue, went away when I raised the rear end, and then came back when I tried a different front tire. Geoff said that his bike's chatter was a new thing that wasn't there when he or Carlson rode the bike on different tires.

13. aaronson

Did you measure the diameter of the old tire versus the new ? Have you tried to drop a pound or two of air in the front, this could help the tire to flex around more.

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

cuz he makes a cool thumb brake setup..... so why not have it on there :D

i know Brian Van had one on his R6 superbike... and used tap it all the time over the hump at grattan just to keep the front down....

15. SLLaffoon

The old tire was a Bridgestone 250 slick, and the new one was a cut Bridgestone SM slick.

As for air pressure, stickboy could probably explain it in more depth, but he recommended raising the pressure citing the carsass flexing and then gripping as one possible cause of the chatter. I've run between 28 and 30 psi hot in the front.

16. revin62

revin62 Well-Known Member

Do these bikes pass tech for clubman?

17. SLLaffoon

Clubman, DSB, and supermotard. These bikes could actually be made faster if they were built for those classes, since there would be more motor modifications allowed. You might run out of gearing, though.

18. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

what kind of front fairings are on odom's bike?