1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messages for the Wilson Family - RIP Toriano

Discussion in 'General' started by leviathan, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I never knew of this young man. The postings here reflect someone of great character and potential. My Condolences.

2. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

Tori, I miss you so much man.. Austin and I will have a special place in our hearts for you forever. The year I have spent traveling with you, Austin and the rest of the kids has given me 23 new best friends, and you touched my heart in a special way.
    Save some room on the grid for the rest of us, I cant wait to tune for you on the other side.
    I held the little bottle of pink sand you gave us at Laguna close to me of late, and it will never leave our side at the races.
    Lucho, you are by far and above the toughest little man I know, your so strong it makes the rest of us seem as mear mortals in your world. Get well soon and get back to the team, because the grid will not be complete until your back with us again.

The DeHaven Family
    Austin "The Weasel" DeHaven #56
    Anthony DeHaven
    Diana
    Eric
    Evan
    Shandi

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

RIP Toriano. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the family. Its a tragedy when we lose our young. A thought that puts chills up my spine. So we wish you the best and hope some how you find peace. Godspeed fellow racer.
    The Brinkley Family
    Dyle,Rena.Chris.Nikki and Matt.
    Lawreceville Ga.

4. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Ride to Lean

(from www.mistihurst.com)

R.I.P Toriano Wilson

Misti Hurst

Published: August 21, 2008

The motorcycle community, the family that is AMA racing, lost someone too young this past weekend in a race related crash at Virginia International Raceway. Fourteen-year old Toriano Wilson of Bermuda, teenager, motorcycle racer, future star, passed away from injuries sustained.

To say that I’m shaken is an understatement. I feel cold with sadness, and lost, missing his huge smile already and the grins of his family who were always so close by.

I met Toriano earlier this year at Barber Raceway in April, along with his dad Dennis and Dennis’s girlfriend Debbie. I was touched by their enthusiasm and energy and with the grit that kept them pushing forward with whatever it took so that Toriano could follow his dreams. And the kid dreamed BIG, you could see it in his eyes when he talked about racing and hear the determination ringing in his voice when he talked of improving his times, or passing another rider, his dad’s approving hand on this tall kid’s shoulder.

They came by every race after that to say their hello’s and give us updates, to wish myself and teammate Josh luck on our own racing endeavors. Dennis smiling, Debbie smiling, Toriano outshining them both with his white tooth grin. I remember thinking that he was mature for his age, he carried himself well, he spoke well, he respected Josh and I, had good manners, but most of all, he had that adventurous twinkle in his eye.

I stopped watching the Red Bull Rookie’s Cup races, after seeing a couple kids toss themselves in crashes at Infinneon Raceway, not because I don’t believe in the series or believe that kids that age should be racing, but because it was too hard for me to witness children tumbling, potentially getting hurt. I now more fully understand my parents steady refusal to watch me race, despite their pride in my achievements and their full support.

I commend the parents that stand by their kids in the quest for achieving their goals and dreams, and with the courage that it takes to watch them fall and get back up, fall again. In this rare case, Toriano did not get back up. It is the dark reality of motorcycle racing, the stark contrast to checkered flags and podium appearances, and smiles all the time.

My body went cold when I heard of a crash in the rookie’s cup that had sent two of the boys by life flight to the hospital. I immediately asked around to find out which kid had been hurt, my stomach turning when I heard, “Toriano…..it doesn’t look good.”

That night, shaking, I dug around in our trailer to locate the delicate bottle of pink sand from Bermuda that Toriano and his family has so thoughtfully given me a few races back. I placed it beside the bed in my hotel room and, fighting bad dreams, sent all my energy to him, his family, his recovery. In the morning, Josh and I drove to the hospital to see if we could offer some support, my phone rang as we were nearing the building.

I knew the moment I answered, the way the news entered me, a voice in the background sounding muffled, as though talking through clouds, and my knees buckled, shaking hands dropping the purple flowers, a shock of color against the grey pavement and I shook my head at Josh, tears streaming. He seemed to freeze then, his arms limp and dangling for what seemed like forever, the least animated I have seen him, ever.

We lost someone too young, in an accident that has left us all reeling. What his family is going through at this moment I cannot imagine as I feel my own coldness in the marrow of my bones and catch myself blinking back tears in the most random of moments.

I do not know why I write this down now, except that I feel compelled somehow to commit his name and his energy and his short life to my memory forever and share with others how in such a short time, his smile touched me deeply.

My thoughts and my love go out to his family, his friends, fellow racers, and to all those that were touched by his life in some way or another. This is a lesson to all of us that life is precious and can be much too short and that we need to grab each moment and crush it to our skin.

I will miss you greatly Toriano Wilson.

Godspeed.

Misti

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

godspeed :(

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

As seen on CMRA bikes (including mine) this weekend:

[​IMG]

7. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

Godspeed Toriano
    :(

8. jadel

jadel Member

Our prayers are with your family. Be strong and keep the faith.

9. cricket2783

cricket2783 I'm mean, get over it

i didnt know the young man, but all my prayers and condolences are with his family.

10. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

What a great legacy. I just got back from Road Atlanta and they had the greatest podium after the Rookie Red Bull Race with Tori's Dad awarding the trophies and then Kevin Schwantz gave all the kids a gold medal with Tori's number on the back. Those kids are awesome, but I found myself holding my breath, especially after the start when Austin DeHaven got knocked down - talked to him after and he was ok - dissappointed, but ok. So know that Tori will be missed and never forgotten.

11. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

This ride is Dedicated to Toriano;

It is with great honor that we announce, Kyle Ferris Rider for Team Infinity Replicast has been accepted as a Wildcard for the Indy MotoGP round.

This is a VERY last minute acceptance on the FIM and AMA's part, and we wish to thank all who assisted in this taking place.

Team Infinity-Replicast will be in the paddocks next week with the greatest riders in the world at a fanfare event, we will do our best to make all our supporters proud to be a part of this.

Any last minute sponsors who wish to take place in this, feel free to contact Scott Rehl at [email protected]

We also have VIP VILLAGE tickets available, and will be giving Pit tours to those who purchase a VIP ticket from Scott.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I have 5 of the stickers left. If you want one (1) please PM me your mailing address and I will send free of charge. Thanks.-CC

13. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

[​IMG]

Note the black armband, #26

[​IMG]

14. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

RIP

Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family and friends.

-Boots

Kansas City, MO
    USA

15. I race for you Toriano

This past weekend I raced 6 races on the North VIR course where Toriano last raced. It was my first time back to the track where I witnessed his crash. I thought of Toriano and his family all weekend. I like having his decal on my tank. Godspeed and God Bless.

Attached Files: