1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riders school, Nashville or Nelson?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I plan on taking the riders school in 3 weeks at Nashville or Nelson. I live in Indy so they are both about the same drive (5 hrs) Any thoughts about one or the other? thanks...Bill

2. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

1. Nelson will not be the same track next year (chances are) therefore this may be your only chance if you've never been there to enjoy the layout.
    2. Nelson will not be the same track next year (chances are) therefore it won't help you learn a track you may one day race such as Nashville.

3. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

I haven't been to Nashville but Nelson is a great place to start off in my opinion. It's very uncertain right now if it is sold or not from what I've been hearing and reading.

4. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

I would have to say Nelson.Of course I could be showing favoritism cause I'll be the one teaching.

5. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

I think Nashville is one of the least favorite tracks that SBTT goes to. There was a thread on different tracks and how they rated. I have done Nashville and Talladega for track days and liked Tally better. Not as fast on the straights, but the turns are much more fun. I have no experience at Nelson.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There's enough to think about at a new riders school. I would not want the extra burden of a funky track like Nashville to add to the experience (banking, super slow infield section, huge bumps on and off the front straight etc.). Go there when you get a bit more experience.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

nashville, a little more technical layout, awesome facilities, probably a larger turnout there.

nelson, shitty facilities and bumpy pavement, simple layout (not too dangerous for a new racer), probably a lower turnout (better for a new person IMO)...

its a toss up, both have + and -'s... id sit back and watch the weather and go where its lookin nice :D

8. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Nashville is a love hate relationship but once you start winning races
    it is really fun:D
    IMO Nashville is a good place to start because of the high speed banking, very tight infield, a little elevation change, a fast sweeper, and trying to take a line on and off the banking.
    It has a little bit of everything and the facilities are awesome :up:
    BTW: it has awesome grip in the rain.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses. I might just have the weatherman decide, but I'm leaning towards Nelson.