sign of the times?

Discussion in 'General' started by x1384, Aug 11, 2008.

1. x1384

x1384 Banned

2. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

Starbucks reducing stores & employees

3. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Palm Bay = $$$

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That Palm Bay location is a ghost town most of the time too. I wouldn't be suprised to see it go away too.

God help this area when the shuttle program shuts down, and the rest of the aerospace industry packs up.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Don't confuse Palm Bay with Palm Beach.

6. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

yep. thanks!

I cross those all the time.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think the point being made is that a huge mega-Harley-store opened up in nearby Palm Bay, right on interstate 95. The area can only support so many Harley dealerships, particularly in these tough(er) times.

And just a little further up the interstate is the largest Harley dealership in the world... So there's lots of competetive pressure.

8. FastRR

FastRR Well-Known Member

It's hard on most all business now. I sure know hardly any mc guys are buying the carbon fiber parts i make. I'm selling off whatever personal items i can to pay bills. The Starbucks down the road from my shop closed up.

This is common with franchises and big box stores.. many times they just close the non profitable ones and a year later they are opening new locations in better areas.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't see why anyone would go there over Rossmeyers complex up the road a bit. Hell, he's pulling business from Orlando.

10. x1384

x1384 Banned

so, im every day Joe rider. i need my oil changed on my Harley. my LOCAL dealer shuts down. now i gotta ride 100 miles to git my oil changed?? please enlighten me, Mongo.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, first you need to be called stupid for getting your oil changed at a dealer. Second, you need to be called stupid for posting political shit in General. Third you need to be called stupid for trying to fuck with me in my sandbox as everyone likes calling it. Fourth you need to go find someone else near by to change oil, it's not like it's a black art. Hell, I could find someone to handle it in or near Melbourne from here in Georgia without any problems.

How often did you buy stuff from the Melbourne location?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The Palm Bay location is 20 miles from the Melbourne location. In my book that is no big deal.

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You forgot......fifthly, you don't change oil in a Harley, you just replenish what has leaked out. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just think it's funny that anyone expects Melbourne to support a Harley dealership. That's like expecting someone to open one where we live. It's further than 20 miles to Roswell to Killer Creek or to Marietta and Ed Smalls.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly mine is not cooperating on that front. It's forcing me to change it every once in a while which is just annoying. I'd much rather just have to open the filler cap and not take out the drain plug and filter and stuff :D

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ford is closing 10 dealerships in the tri-state area. They say the market is to saturated around here, and it is!

They gave John Nolan $10,000,000 and bought back all of their new cars and trucks. Nolan had been there as long as I can remember.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I was amazed at how many there are around there. Like the little one old 28 - wtf? How can they stay in business?

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not sure how they stay open. Heard last week that Castrucci Chev has 180 1500 series trucks sitting on their lot! :wow: I drive by both of those dealerships all the time and it's the same trucks sittng there.

19. x1384

x1384 Banned

re

alot of people put their faith in you, Mongo. you used to run a good racing organization. lately, you only seem to be in it for the money, I.E. my buddys. folks buy motorcycles and they expect good service, ESPECIALLY if they buy the American brand, which they pay much more than what the motorcycle is really worth. we cant all be loaded with dollars like you, to roam the roads from track to track having a good time. yes, this your sandbox, but you dont have to be a wealthy asshole about it.if i buy a motorcycle and the Manufactuer says he will back it up, i expect him to do just that.

20. Strick

Strick Good to be king

What planet are people like you hatched on?