New York Times says...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 88/532, Jul 21, 2008.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Odd, the summary box shows 40% to Republicans and 18% to Democrats. But you obviously know better.

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And, would you please be so kind to enligthen me with respect to Union Contribution and support of Democrats vs. Republicans?

I don't have the numbers but I am hopeful you do (link master). Are you sure you are not Art?:D

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It does not matter, the "vast" majority is for Republicans! :D

4. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

This is getting laughable... Ok, where did the other 42% go to, the Green party? :crackup: Obviously the calculations are off in your link. Of their total political donations 70% went to Republicans. As I pointed out before your link doesn't take into account PAC contributions, so that is probably why there is a gap in the percentages.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  5. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

I'm proud my party is supported by unions. They're made up of over 16 million real voters while donations from oil companies come from a few elite executives.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It is getting laughable. You cite a website with an obvious anti-Exxon bias that compiles data on the "top executives" and I am supposed to take that as gospel and base a decision on partial information?

I can do the math. I would have to assume that balance is to PAC's, local and state non-partisan campaigns, contributions on referenda that are not party specific and so on.

I have no problem that we do not agree. However, the sad thing is that you think everyone that does not buy your party line has not given the issue any thought. That is not the case.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite please.

8. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I actually think you could be right.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Here too.

11. 999

999 Well-Known Member

12. R ACREE, you and I dont normally agree on subjects in the dungeon, but in this case I have to say that:stupid:

The first ammendment does not require privately owned newspapers to print everything that is sent to them. Is the new york times biased? Sure they are. Their right to be is what is guaranteed by the first ammendment.

13. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

I believe it was Britt Hume and his group on FoxNews that brought up McCain's error just the other night. I remember hearing them say that McCain can't continue to make gaffs like that without hurting his credibility. They discussed both McCain and BO, equating their errors. They contrasted McCain's gaff with BO's 57 states comment. I didn't hear it on any of the other news programs.

I give up 999, do they?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just call me R.:D

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Or A. ORA. O RA.:D

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Very interesting.

Maybe I lack your intellect to distinguish between Union Bosses and Big Oil Excecutives.

In my opinion there is little difference between the two. Top people making money for nothing.

The way I see it, Big Oil Excecutive make money for providing a product at the highest rate of return. A product which I should remind you is essential to our current, near and likely long term standard of living.

Union Bosses are making money off their workers hide.

The two are large responsible for the inflatory prices you and I pay as individual.

You are failing to acknowledge some of "R" comments and questions regarding your assertions with respect to actual contributors from the oil side. You should address that sometime.

Also, you have thrown or try to lump some including me as idiots or right wingers but you expect us to take your bias links as facts and now you proposed that I have acknowledge the power of 16 millions sheeps? No, it won't happen. And, this is the reason that I cannot stand unions. Voting along a party line. This is supposed to be good for us? Just how? Real voters, give me a break!

You be very proud of your Party. I wish that I was that proud but I don't belong to any party, so keep that in mind when you try to lump me in the future.

17. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Weak.

Please explain where you ever got the zany idea that Obama was going to start taxing home sales at a 28% rate.

*chirp*

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I won't disagree with you on who is suppose to do a particular job. The military did their basic job in great form. The problems started cropping up when Brimmer was supposed to use his civilian forces to start rebuilding the country after the fighting ended. That didn't happen. Brimmer was recalled and the military was left in charge to do a job that they weren't trained for. Major clusterfuck on the planners part and lead by someone that didn't know how to accomplish the job. They lost the initiative during the transition between fighting and rebuilding. A mighty fine mess caused by poor planning.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hey, he's old, give em a break. :)

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

McCain's visit was to address some group about something he wanted to say. :)
    (I don't know what he was doing there. I don't care.)

I don't give a rats rear about Matthews emotions nor do I want to hear about them.

Obama hasn't learned that we've been talking to Iran for, what, 30 years now. He's so naive he thinks he's just going to waltz up to Iran and convince them to be really swell guys.