1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motogp website viewing

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I just signed up for the 60% off deal. Im new to this. how do you use the site. when do the races come on?

2. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

On the front page, there's some "buttons" near the top right corner. They're red right now. When they go green you can check the live timing, or the video. If you go to the video section, you can see past races.

Also, right in the middle of the front page, under the big/main picture, is a schedule you can use to check and see what time things start. Make sure you click the little button for local time, or "your" time.

3. Mblashfield

Great! thanks alot!!

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Let me know how you rate it. I was gonna take the plunge but this weekend I'm too busy anyhow.

5. Mblashfield

A+ I just watched an hour of practice and qualifying. I felt like I was there.
    Then my neighbor showed me how to plug my laptop into my TV.
    I like it, Id do it again.

6. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

How much is 40 euros anyway, $60 US? Does the HD package look good enough to show on a large screen?

7. It's not HD. It's "High Resolution," but only compared to the very low-resolution feed that's standard from motogp.com.

High Definition generally starts at 1280x720. Standard Definition is 852x480. The "High Resolution" feed from motogp.com is 720x450 - slightly worse than Standard Definition.

But it still looks better than the squeezed and abused Speed re-broadcasts. It's not horrible to look at on my 42" plasma, but I wouldn't go bigger than that.

Oh, yeah - 40 Euros is currently $63.41 US.

:stupid:

8. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

Is it possible to watch qualifying in its entirety after it is live?

I wasnt able to watch live, but would like to see more than the few clips that i have seen.

I am new to this as well. I realized that I wouldnt be able to avoid getting a spoiler before watching, but hoped that I would still be able to see all of qualifying.

thx.

9. Unfortunately, there are only QP highlights available after the fact. They used to post full-length QP sessions on the website, but stopped that a few years ago.

:stupid:

10. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

Rats.

Thanks for the info.

Guess I wasted a little money...

11. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

I love having my package deal!! mainly cause I hate speed so much...

Great for content!

12. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

I hear you.

Just disappointed b/c I bought it just for qualifying. Was too busy to watch today and will likely never get around to watching qualifying at some wierd hour when it is not in the US.

13. caferace

caferace No.

hmmm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDTV

-jim