1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what size trailer ???????

Discussion in 'General' started by mrgt95, Jul 19, 2008.

1. mrgt95

mrgt95 Well-Known Member

I am looking to get an enclosed trailer and I was wondering what size I would need to get to haul 2 sportbikes I was also looking at the new pittbull trailer restraint and was wondering if anyone has used them and do you really not need any straps?? THANKS:)

2. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

no, you really dont need straps...:crackup:

hence the name

for two bikes you could get as small as 6x8. tight fit but it works. I've even seen people use smaller.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I've put 2 bikes, my 50 and my crap in my 6x10. I have it set up so the bikes are pretty close to the walls so I can pack stuff in the middle

4. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

6x12 v nose

cardinal-sales.com

Talk to Kathy

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

6x10 is good for 2 bikes and gear...... 6x12 would be better, but the 10 works fine, unless you bring your entire garage with you (FLIS) LOL

6. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

a 5 by 8 works just fine just gotta be a good packer
    [​IMG]

7. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

I have a 7x16 and use the PitBull Trailer Restraints. They are very handy and work well. 7x16 is overkill but sure makes it easy to load/unload.

8. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

8 X 32 works really well and I have one for sale if you are in the market

9. YZROOSTINYA

We sleep in ours and have 1 bike and 1 pit bike. I also use it for my Business.

If I was strictly using it for trailoring to the track I would get a 6x10

I paid $2800 for mine new so It was worth it for me.

10. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

WOW... Sir, I am in your debt!

I have a 6x10, and I wouldn't want to go any smaller.

11. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

I have a 6x12 and it seems about right especially if you take quite a bit with you. Don't forget room for all the other stuff you take with you like tools, tires, gas, easyup, chairs, tent, coolers, helmets, leathers, gear ... a microwave, air beds, sleeping bags, pillows etc. It was nice having all that on a trip that's a little longer. Much bigger though and we'd need and bigger truck and lots more money for gas.

12. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

What are you guys pulling the 6x10's with? I have an 02 Tacoma TRD and just got a 6x10. Seems to pull it fine

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whatever size you determine to be perfect will ultimately be 2 feet too short.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

With fuel costs likely to continue becoming more and more of a factor I'd surely opt for the smallest trailer I realistically thought I could use. I'd also try for a V nose. Towing it with a pickup truck (especially if it had a camper shell) would give you a lot of extra available storage room.

15. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

what are people's recommendations on torsion axles and trailer brakes? necessary or not? good to have on 7x14, not needed on 6x12? I've got an 07 Sequoia, rated to haul about 6k lbs, and was looking at a dual torsion axle 7x14, maybe add the extra height just to make the thing easy to stand in... plan to use the Sequioa and trailer for at least 10 years, so looking for solid setup that I will get my money's worth from over time.

TIA

16. YZROOSTINYA

get them, it cost me $130 extra on my 6x12 and TOTALLY worth it.

mine is 6' inside which is nice.

17. YZROOSTINYA

brakes that is

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I'd say anything over 8' long should have brakes.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You need brakes for sure. I've got a 12' that I got a helluva deal on that dosen't have brakes, and I wish it did. Not only for obvious reasons, but for peace of mind.

20. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

You speak da trut mon :beer: