1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me

Discussion in 'General' started by ngcsugal, Oct 6, 2002.

1. ngcsugal

ngcsugal Member

ok..heres the thing...theres thiss guy...i know he will be at the GNF...and i am thinking about asking him to marry me. I know that its not usually the girl that asks, but I have never felt so sure about anything before in my life, and I am afraid if I don't do this now, I never will. I know that after he graduates college, we have a chance at a great future...but i just don't think i can wait that long. any suggestions?:confused:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

3. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

Large caliber weapons??

4. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

Ask www.drphil.com for some help :confused: :D

What do you have to loose - other than 1/2!!!

just kidding.

If you can wait it out through college you know you have a better chance of it working.

good luck if you pop the question at the GNF are we all invited to spectate?

5. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

Wait, until done with school. Not only that I realize this is 02 and not the 50's but I think he should do the asking.

6. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

college has many trials to go through but, not more than a STRONG relationship can survive

Many had the pleasure of watching one proposal on the start line of TGPR, so a track proposal is not unheard of. Many of the officials will be helpful if you need assistance arranging circumstances.

FWIW my wife proposed to me on an answering machine:)
    regretted the answer ever since:D

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

please don't propose to me... i don't even know you! :p

8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Maybe you could just write down on a piece of notebook paper "Will you marry me?" and "Check 'Yes' if you will, 'No' if you won't", fold it up real tight and then give it to one of your friends who are in the same race as him and then that guy could pass it to the guy you like on the grid and then the guy could check "yes" or "no" and pass it pack to his friend who would give it to you and then if he says "yes" you two could get married but if he says "no" then nobody would have to know and and and....

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :cool:

9. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

what ever you do...

do it AFTER all his races are done.

10. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

I have one piece of marriage advise, don't do it until you're 30. If it's the right thing to do now, it will be the right thing to do later. If it's the wrong thing to do later, it is certainly the wrong thing to do now.

If you decide to get married anyway, I'd be delighted to come to your very first marriage.

11. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

You hint to him about spending the rest of your life together and marriage right at the starting grid. If he doesn't get meatballed, he'll win his race. Then, in the glow of victory, he'll think you are his good luck charm and he'll ask you to marry him.

His career suddenly blossoms and he works his way all the way up to WSB or MotoGP. He's pulling in $4-5 mil a year and you're traveling Europe and the Far East dining on the best of fine foods. After eight years and two world titles, his sponsor dumps him abruptly for a young gun. By that time in the marriage, the romance and spark are gone, so the twin effects of that with the loss of the ride, throws him into depression.

You file for divorce and for half the assets, plus alimony to maintain the standard of living you had on the GP circuit. He manages to make the payments for about two years before he's broke. You have the house in the south of France and one in California. You put help wanted ads out for pool boys at both homes and then take your pick.

Then you find, some 89-year-old oilman from Texas, woo him, marry him, then you are set for life for living expenses. When you tire of the pool boy, you accuse him of stalking you, pre-empting any wrongful dismissal suit, and then replace him with another. Do that every six months. Just like you do with the Mercedes after six months of riding around Beverly Hills.

Then you just live happily ever after. :)

12. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

You forgot the "get fat and have a raunchy TV show" part.

13. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

NG...

got a pic?? lol

:rolleyes:

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm not gonna bash you so you can keep reading. I prided myself on living a life without regret and one morning it finally occured to me that losing the woman I loved would be a BIG mistake. I woke her up and asked her. Apparently she'd known that I was the one a long time before I felt the same way. I acted on impulse and she was patient so it seems that both strategies work. Good luck!

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

and if you are lucky like Joe, you can also cook some mean cookies and stuff for him when he's at the track...

:)

there's always good and bad advice to be had on the WERA board. opinions are just like a$$holes, everyone's got one..

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I knew that's why you guys were acting like my friends! Dang, I owe my friends to her to.....she may get flowers.

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

you didn't think it was your personality or good looks now did you??? :Puke:

heh...

18. ngcsugal

ngcsugal Member

ok everyone
    thank you for your responses....but i decided that all men suck. especially this oneall men suck :mad:

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So does that mean your not going to the GNF?

20. ngcsugal

ngcsugal Member

definitely NOT going to be with him...any takers :D