Weather at Barber STT (6/14/08)

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by brand-o, Jun 13, 2008.

1. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

The weather forecast is looking pretty miserable. I know the STT policy states "rain or shine" but it would really suck to drive all the way from Lexington, Ky just to be sent back home. Does STT ever call an event due to weather before the day of?

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

No.

I don't really see "miserable" in the following forecast for Leeds, Alabama
    Sat 50% chance of scattered T-Storms
    Sun 20% chance of showers....

Road America this week looked TERRIBLE with a 100% chance of rain and basically everything falling from the sky over the weekend but toads on fire.

Monday and Tuesday were rain-free and basically two of the best days we ever had at Road America. Ya never can tell.

3. Boosted Josh

Boosted Josh Well-Known Member

It doesn't rain around here until late afternoon. If anything you might miss your last session.

4. melch

melch V7 Pusher

I noticed on the Stt site that their a big time Scorpion dealer.Do they usually bring helmets to the T-days to sell??

5. melch

melch V7 Pusher

I guess I was refering to sportbiketrackgear.Dont know if their affiliated or not.Anybody know??

Tell me dammit:rock:

6. STT-Rider

Sportbike Track Gear si one of the largest stocking Scorpion Dealers in the USA. They come to many STT events but will not be attending Barber this weekend. IIRC they do have a no hassle free exchange policy on helmets. Ring em up!

7. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

You can reach us at 888-784-4327:up:

8. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Now that is some service right there:up:

9. brand-o

That's good to know. Thanks!

10. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

riding in the rain is a fantastic way to hone those skillz, so don't shy away from it - embrace it! did a TD at Jennings end of April there was standing water in places - i learned soooo much about altering lines to go around the big puddles, throttle control to keep the rear end from stepping out too much, getting off the bike to keep tire grooves on the pavement...my leathers took a week to dry, but IT WAS AWESOME! i seriously can't wait until the next rainy TD.

11. brand-o

So much for that idea... ;)

I'll definitely deal w/ the rain and take it as a learning experience... if I had my preference though I'd rather ride in the dry. The radar shows a pretty big storm headed this way but as long as it just stays wet and drizzly and no lightening then we'll be fine.

12. bhinds382

bhinds382 Well-Known Member

The Scorpion helmets are a great value, fit a little big (XL in Shoei size is an L - for me). Ventilation is good and the face shield is as close to fog free as I've seen. The STG guys are great to deal with. I've had several Scorpions and in my second set of Hein Gericke leathers (only because I needed a spare set between crashes...).

13. brand-o

You were right and I was wrong. :)

It was an amazing day... we had a small shower before the rider's meeting and it was great the rest of the day.

14. UKTURFROCKS

UKTURFROCKS Well-Known Member

esp when he handed my ass to me on a plate. Awesome track and awesome weather.

15. STT-Rider

As they say ..... It's usually better to be lucky than good.

Thank for coming out and we are glad that you enjoyed a great day of riding and fun at a wonderful facility.