1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBK 1 minute per lap faster than AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jun 2, 2008.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I know speed announcers are prone to say more wrong stuff than right (see other thread) but are these guys seriously going a minute a lap faster than AMA superbike? I havn't watched everything yet (TIVO) but I heard hem say Spies fast laps were 2:46 and the SBK guys are doing 1:49's. If this is true I never realized there was that big a diff in the bikes and/or riders?????????

2. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

yup... the difference is HUGE! :D

3. notbostrom

OK so is it bike or rider????????????????????????????????????????????

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

No kidding! Just imagine how bad it will be when the AMA goes to 600's. :D

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I will be nice and point out two different course lay outs before you get the list of wise ass response that are sure to follow

6. paul

paul just fast enough

Yeah. The AMA used the full course. WSB used the course we used last year in the endurance race.

7. casjoker

Sorry guys I felt bad for him, being as uneducated as he is makes daily living tough enough.:Poke:

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

This was well on it's way to be in the Best Of.....

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

asshole, this was just starting to get fun :moon:

10. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

WTF, ban this guy!

11. casjoker

I know I realize I fucked it up as soon as I posted sorry...drop my post count to zero.

12. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

hahahahahaha :crackup:

13. notbostrom

ok i feel better now... only watched part of one of the races, the rest are taped... never been to Miller so I didn't know there were 2 track configs. Thought I was losing my mind or Speed announcers just doing there usually crappy anouncing job with all the facts wrong

14. casjoker

I feel like I fucked one of those once in a life time chances to nail a super model...no way to recover

Does this help restore some dignity

Attached Files:

15. notbostrom

any time you want to battle wits bring it on. I don't come say things behind your back while your cooking fries..............

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

There are actually 4 track configs and they can run 2 of them at the same time.

Outer (SBK)
    West
    East
    Full (uses the outer, west and east bits) (AMA)

Masters of the Mountain (MOM) actually running a full race season only at Miller. They just run different track configurations to act like they are at a different track.

17. caferace

caferace No.

The full course at MMP makes Thunderhill's 42 turns seem childs play.

My mind. Boggled, it was.

-jim

18. casjoker

Hey I take offense I manage the guy cooking the fries. At least that is what tell his girlfriend:) see above attached photo for what I am hitting twice a day.

19. notbostrom

:beer:
    :beer:

20. casjoker

We lost two other bottles before we figured out her belly cayon would work better than her vaginal canyon.