1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 GSXR 600 HP question....

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, May 23, 2008.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

here's the deal on gary's run. he had an issue with his "power demander" :) and shifter that involved the bike not rev'ing past 6k. after we fixed that, our tech just ran the bike as a mph run to see if it pulled thru the problem areas. the bike pulled to reline without andy problems, as it did before and the chart that printed showed 126 ish horsey pire. our fault for bad info to gary and i get to comp him a dyno run for a "real" figure.

2. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Guys the guy at the dyno was telling me that not to worry too much about the Hp numbers and to concentrate on the air fuel ratio.
    He said that once I get the bike on the track I will see the power.
    Also how hard is it to check if the engine really has degreed cams? decked head?

3. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Al, I will come by your garage tomorrow Friday...
    We dynod it again with streetblaze and it gave the same numbers.

4. James White

James White GETTING OLDER AND FASTER!

my 06 600 made 122-124 on mr-9.we also had yosh kit ecu,yosh kit pipe,decked head,cams degreed,and alot of dyno time.on dynojet 150. my 08 feels just as fast with a pipe and pc.we have had fuel pump isses before also.the internal filter was clogging with debris from manuf.and paint particles.it was 300 miles new and never repainted tank.might check the pump like was said above.126 hp sounds out of reach without much more $ and labor.

5. James White

James White GETTING OLDER AND FASTER!

my 06 600 made 122-124 on mr-9.we also had yosh kit ecu,yosh kit pipe,decked head,cams degreed,and alot of dyno time.on dynojet 150. my 08 feels just as fast with a pipe and pc.we have had fuel pump isses before also.the internal filter was clogging with debris from manuf.and paint particles.it was 300 miles new and never repainted tank.might check the pump like was said above.126 hp sounds out of reach without much more $ and labor.

6. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

How do you take the pump apart for the filter?